Part-time LLB (1 Viewer)

ziggyboy

HSC
I'm 29 years old and thinking of going back to uni to do law. As I work full-time and not wanting to pay the exuberant fees involved with its postgrad-equivalent JD, my only option is to do the LLB at UTS. I have realised that all LLB lectures are repeated during the evening. It's also a CSP course and I can defer it to HECS-HELP.

What I'd like to find out is if being available only after business hours will be a problem. I understand that majority of my classmates will be full-time students. Are there law subjects that require group work? And if so, would I be greatly disadvantaged not being available during the daytime for meetings, etc?

For those doing law, are you able to give comments about any possible issues I might have as a part-time evening student? I have spoken to someone in he faculty. She reckons I should be ok, but I'd want to hear it from actual students.

Many thanks!

timrie6

HSC
N/A
You won't have any problems - there are lot of students in the law school at UTS in the same position as you. it is difficult, but it is doable. Though it does help if you can get to UTS by 5pm, as some classes start then. It definitely helps to have a flexible workplace. The majority of night classes are 5:30pm-9pm, Monday-Thursday (occasionally on Friday, but not usually). They are timed so that full-time workers can attend them. I would suggest not doing any more than 2 subjects per semester, and doing summer school. You can get 48 credit points exempt if you have another degree, and PLT is offered by distance (through UTSOnline).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)