part time job reccs (1 Viewer)

Cute-Duckie

HSC
is there a resume format online which u reccomend?
Not particularly tbh, for mine at least I tried to use formats but just found that because I was looking for my first job I didn't really have enough experience to use them. The general format I used (this is based on my skills and interests and stuff though) was:

CV FOR *******
Phone 04********
Email *********@gmail.com

DOB: **/**/2008

Seeking casual employment.
Availability: Monday 4:30pm onwards, Friday 4:30pm onwards, Saturday, Sunday, School Holidays

Previous Experience:
  • 1 week work experience at the ********* where I worked in areas such as marketing, administration, lighting, teaching and photography (June 2023)
  • 2 years as a mentor for the *********** (2022 - present)
  • 2 years as a Drama Ensemble leader at ************** (2022 - present)
  • 1 year as a Peer Support leader at **********8 (2023)
  • Volunteering at ********** Parkrun over multiple years (2021 - present)
  • Compere for the ************* (2022)
  • Various babysitting jobs for family and friends

Drama and Music Performances:
  • Stories in the Dark (**********, 2023, Lead Role)
  • Alice in Wonderland (*************, 2023, Supporting Role)
  • ******* (***********, 2023, Featured Item)
  • NSW State ********** (********, 2022, 2nd Place)
  • Performances and compering at school events such as Year Meetings (******* (2020 - present))
  • ********* festivals (***************, 2022 - 2023)
  • ******** Musical (***********, 2023, Featured Role)
  • ********* Musical (*************, 2022, Lead Role)

Skills:
  • Organisation
  • Communication
  • Leadership - shown through my ability to lead and mentor ***********
  • Confident - as shown through my performances on stage in various productions, both school and professional
  • Responsible
  • Commitment - as shown through my studies over many years of Voice (Grade 4 level) and Piano (Grade 5 level)

Referees:
  • ***********, Deputy Principal (****************), ph ********* (in school hours), or ph *********** (out of school hours)
  • **********, piano teacher, ph *********

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
why do u have to apply from them, just go to retail places locally that are close to you that you know about and figure out quickly how to apply for each one
thats a lot of effort going to each one without even knowing what type of work they want also more likely to get rejected when asking

carrotsss

HSC
thats a lot of effort going to each one without even knowing what type of work they want also more likely to get rejected when asking
not really, esp the big chains like Kmart and that you just do an online application which doesn’t take very long at all. you don’t have to go to them in person, though it’s better to go in person for smaller stores

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
not really, esp the big chains like Kmart and that you just do an online application which doesn’t take very long at all. you don’t have to go to them in person, though it’s better to go in person for smaller stores
ok which stores should i apply for since i can travel to a large shopping centre
whcih stores are the best to work at

carrotsss

HSC
ok which stores should i apply for since i can travel to a large shopping centre
whcih stores are the best to work at
ask ur friends, it depends so much on the managers and people at the specific store

mzkashi

HSC
hey, I was the same at 14! It's actually quite easy to get a job at say, fast food places, you won't fail to get hired. Especially if you want to work for just the holidays, it's a good choice! I only have one thing to say, which I hate negativity, but at your age, you are incredibly cheap to hire, so you should be wary of overworking especially in your first job, many people have been exploited because they don't know their working rights, myself included. You really should be okay though! I wish you best of luck :)
p.s. get a casual position, never part time.. otherwise you'll be paid like.. $4 per hour 😭 casual loading>>>

Ellztrap

HSC
Uni Grad
I worked at maccas through all of year 12 pretty much, worked 6-2pm Saturday and Sunday :cool:
Didn’t mind it, got paid like $12.75 an hour or something
I sometimes miss working in the cafe there, learnt to make a bomb ass coffee and like the sheer immediate situational stress of the busyness of maccas really distracted from home life stress (both of those outweighed hsc stress)
I have dreams about working at McDonald’s still

Bronx_Tips

HSC
I worked at maccas through all of year 12 pretty much, worked 6-2pm Saturday and Sunday :cool:
Didn’t mind it, got paid like $12.75 an hour or something
I sometimes miss working in the cafe there, learnt to make a bomb ass coffee and like the sheer immediate situational stress of the busyness of maccas really distracted from home life stress (both of those outweighed hsc stress)
I have dreams about working at McDonald’s still
no way u balanced studying for med and 16 hours of working per weekend

HSC
N/A
Go for the worst entry level jobs possible (Maccas/KFC/Woolies/Coles/etc) and keep it for as many years as is possible.

The pay per hour is quite good for unskilled labor and a lot of real-world employers, for some weird reason, hate kids who never had jobs when they were at school/tafe/uni.
shows how tutors and uni teachers actually have very minimal understanding of what employers want
if you wanted them to succeed you would say to intern at a business relevantly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)