part time job reccs (1 Viewer)

idkkdi

HSC
im gonna apply for a job this holiday bc i have literally nothing to do :eek: :eek: do any of u guys have reccs for places to apply to that pay relatively well and would hire someone a bit over 14 years old. much thanks πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ”₯
work in the busiest maccas/kfc possible and ull study harder so u dont end up in that life :)

Average Boreduser

π™±πšŠπš—πš—πšŽπš
HSC
im gonna apply for a job this holiday bc i have literally nothing to do :eek: :eek: do any of u guys have reccs for places to apply to that pay relatively well and would hire someone a bit over 14 years old. much thanks πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ”₯
The factories in china pay especially well πŸ’ͺ πŸ‘ High rec (they look for ages 14<so ur defs elligible)/

blueberrymilkbread

HSC
N/A
on one of the websites for a place im gonna apply to it says that one of the steps is checking my references. do i rlly need to include this for a part time/casual job

Etho_x

ツ
HSC
N/A
McDonalds or KFC or some other fast food place is your best bet. Good chance to get some experience and cash in these places at your age.

Etho_x

ツ
HSC
N/A
on one of the websites for a place im gonna apply to it says that one of the steps is checking my references. do i rlly need to include this for a part time/casual job
I'd be very surprised if they looked at references. I always put in my resume "references available upon request". Employers have hundreds of resumes to get to, and will not be very likely to spend time reviewing your references. Perhaps for a job which is more technical in the future, but for something like fast food, or even retail, it's not worth the time.

That being said, do be prepared with references in the case that they ask.

Where they are looking for stand-out candidates is job experience, then followed by achievements/education.

Cute-Duckie

HSC
Hi there :)

To apply for a first job, fast food places like McDonalds will just let you apply online through their website, which is useful. If you wanna try something a bit different, you can always apply to places like rebel, a local cafe / small business, etc.

In terms of actually how to apply, when in doubt, just ask! For a lot of places you just wanna walk into the shop and say "Hi! I was wondering if there was someone here that I could hand me resume into? I'm looking for some casual work." They will then direct you to a manager or you can hand a printed resume straight to whoever you are talking to, and often they will pass it onto their hiring manager or whoever is in charge. This is what I did earlier today and I have handed four resumes into local cafes in my area, so it's definitely worth a shot!

In terms of what to put on your resume when you have no experience, make sure to include your name, email, phone number, availability, experience (even if this is your first job, put down things like volunteering, babysitting (even if it was only once - they don't have to know that!), leadership roles within your school, etc), any notable awards or performances, and your referees.

In case you didn't know, referees are people who your potential employer can call up and ask about what you're like, your commitments, etc. I've found that most adults are okay with them being referees - you just have to ask! My referees were my school's deputy principal and my old piano teacher, but really whoever you can get is great!

I found the whole resume and applying process really overwhelming at first, but it ended up being a lot simpler than I thought in the end. I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions just let me know :)

Good luck!!

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad
Go for the worst entry level jobs possible (Maccas/KFC/Woolies/Coles/etc) and keep it for as many years as is possible.

The pay per hour is quite good for unskilled labor and a lot of real-world employers, for some weird reason, hate kids who never had jobs when they were at school/tafe/uni.

carrotsss

HSC
Go for the worst entry level jobs possible (Maccas/KFC/Woolies/Coles/etc) and keep it for as many years as is possible.

The pay per hour is quite good for unskilled labor and a lot of real-world employers, for some weird reason, hate kids who never had jobs when they were at school/tafe/uni.
Imo you can still do better than fast food though like a nice retail job isn’t too hard to get and is significantly less painful

ZakaryJayNicholls

HSC
Uni Grad
Imo you can still do better than fast food though like a nice retail job isn’t too hard to get and is significantly less painful
If they can get one, go ahead. But the good retail jobs are getting much harder for young people to get, mainly because in the last 20 years a lot of retail/hospitality workers have had their jobs automated so the experienced workers cling to the good jobs and sometimes actively try to keep students out.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Hi there :)

To apply for a first job, fast food places like McDonalds will just let you apply online through their website, which is useful. If you wanna try something a bit different, you can always apply to places like rebel, a local cafe / small business, etc.

In terms of actually how to apply, when in doubt, just ask! For a lot of places you just wanna walk into the shop and say "Hi! I was wondering if there was someone here that I could hand me resume into? I'm looking for some casual work." They will then direct you to a manager or you can hand a printed resume straight to whoever you are talking to, and often they will pass it onto their hiring manager or whoever is in charge. This is what I did earlier today and I have handed four resumes into local cafes in my area, so it's definitely worth a shot!

In terms of what to put on your resume when you have no experience, make sure to include your name, email, phone number, availability, experience (even if this is your first job, put down things like volunteering, babysitting (even if it was only once - they don't have to know that!), leadership roles within your school, etc), any notable awards or performances, and your referees.

In case you didn't know, referees are people who your potential employer can call up and ask about what you're like, your commitments, etc. I've found that most adults are okay with them being referees - you just have to ask! My referees were my school's deputy principal and my old piano teacher, but really whoever you can get is great!

I found the whole resume and applying process really overwhelming at first, but it ended up being a lot simpler than I thought in the end. I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions just let me know :)

Good luck!!
is there a resume format online which u reccomend?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)