Part time job during the HSC (1 Viewer)

HSC
i have one but i only do 10 hours a week and my boss lets me take time off if i need to study. i get $10.40 an hour so its ok. but my friend does 27 hours a week as well as the hsc. thats a no no. she is dead tired and is stressed majorly. so it depends what kind of job.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
yah! lets work at woolies...umm no but does anyone have a better place where i can apply?

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
Yeah I had a part-time job doing around 15 hours a week during the HSC. If anything it made me organise my time better so it was actually better having a job than not having one

bec :-x

HSC
i got 2 jobs and i earn lyk $150 a week yah get stressed sumtimes and it sorta effects ur social life sumtimes but u get used 2 it and wrk ur study around it. i dunno wat id do with all the spare time now if i wasnt workin

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
um...id say dont do a lot...10 hrs should be enuf if u wanna stay unstressed. my parents actually wont let me get a job a the moment (even though i want one and need the money) because they say i need to concentrate on schoolwork

sarevok

HSC
umm i'd advise against it. i did about 10-15 hours per week and even though i got a pretty good uai it really takes a lot out of you.

Kulazzi

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
um...id say dont do a lot...10 hrs should be enuf if u wanna stay unstressed. my parents actually wont let me get a job a the moment (even though i want one and need the money) because they say i need to concentrate on schoolwork
My parents are exactly the same. They won't even let me exercise which will only take up 2 hours of my time PER WEEK. That's how study focussed they are, considering they come from a b/g in which they study consistently. My mum stresses me out too much. :cool:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
i use to go to school then work all night and run to morning classses after. what real men do. u little b1tches need sleep these days.

cholly

Somebody's Left Shoe
HSC
work for the stc!!! its great!!! 7 hours once a fortnight at twice award wage :D

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
I guess some people can handle working during the HSC and some can't. I did and found it better than not working, due to that fact that on say a saturday I would normally sleep in, get up really late and then procrastinate all day, whereas if I was working I'd get up early and go and earn money, then come home and study. I think I actually did more study with the job than without

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
i dont think i can handle it
i got tutor on sat from 9-5 so that'll leave me sunday to work
then i have to squeeze in my hw and stuff
:( I want a job
Lots of ppls on BOS have one so...i'm jealous

Skeeta

HSC
i didnt have a job during the HSC, my parents gave me money throughout the year to go out so i could concentrate on studying during the week..

If you are looking for a job between the HSC and Uni beginning period, i suggest you do start looking now because there is a crazy amount of HSC students that look for jobs around that time

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
i dont think i can handle it
i got tutor on sat from 9-5 so that'll leave me sunday to work
then i have to squeeze in my hw and stuff
:( I want a job
Lots of ppls on BOS have one so...i'm jealous
You mean you have a tutor or you do tutoring? If u have a tutor from 9-5, give it up and get a job! :p maybe not, im just against having a tutor

Az-jay

HSC
currently i work 15hrs a week over the weekend, cause my parents won't let me do more.

i think it depends on the type of job/work. i still like to go out on the weekends too so studying is done primarily on the weekdays and the weekends provide good chill out time and a break from the demands of school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)