parra is all what it seems (1 Viewer)

michelleanne

HSC
I have had most of my classes at Parramatta and below is a quick guide to parra campus

Best toilet facility: In the lecture theatre building EE.

Worst building: EDG Building- the numbering system for the rooms are out of wack. I still dont know which room numbers are where.

Student Centre: Building EJ- The Cash Office is there too. Pretty much central.

Best Food: Well the Cafe near the student centre. Great food- better then the cafeteria which is near the library. Prices are reasonable.

Hangouts: At the cafeteria and bar near the library and also outside the cafe/inside on the lounges stools. The upstairs of the cafeteria has lounges and pool tables.

Facilities: tennis court, stationary and co op bookshop. ATM and public phones in the foyer to the library.

Best room: lecture theatre, Library (when its hot) and EM and ES Buildings.

Worst Rooms: EDG- hot, ESA1 &2 Noisy and The other side of parra campus accross from Victoria road where the science courses are usually held. There is nothing there only a drink machine.

Computer facilities: Early in the morning you can alwas get a comp.... but as the day gets on it get harder to find one. The library has computers but still not enough. NEVER PRINT FROM THE COMPUTER LABS ALWAYS PRNT FROM THE LIBRARY. Because the computer labs printers eithier stuff up or are out of paper and you will lose so much money.

Tips:
New and Continuuing students: Buy text books the week before uni goes back. Textbook lists are always on the coopwebsite, in the coop shop and also you can e-mail lecturers and ask. This saves long long ques, time and will makesure you get ur books before they run ot. Then you have to wait weeks until new books arrive and then you fall behind in readings.
http://www.coop-bookshop.com.au

To Save heaps of money use OFFICEWORKS for photocopying. Its only 6 cents a page compared to 11 cents ar uni. Just borrow the books and photocopy them. If its a small book photocopy the whole book. I know is against the law but who is to know.

Parking: First Month: Get there early if u want parking- its chaos.

Transport: Buses from parramatta station take you to outside the uni and you have about a minute walk to get inside the uni. Buses are very frequent- Sydney buses. Rydalmere station is next door to the uni but trains are one and hour.

I prefer this campus to all the others- its easy to get too, once you knoe your way around its fine, people are nice, library facilities are good etc. No complaints.

For a campus map look at: http://www.uws.edu.au/about/locations/maps/parramattamap

klh

HSC
is it the cafe with the uwsconnect flags and is behind the EDG building?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I've heard that parra is haunted ... is it true?? :(

michelleanne

HSC
The older buildings were in the past apart of a child orphanage and a mental institution. So the buildings could be haunted and have spirits and ghosts lurking around. But from my experience there are no eerie and mysterious happenings at the parra campus.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yeah ... i knew about the history ... but i was told not to be near that thingo in the middle where it burnt out cause it was haunted. lol. now i'm gonna scare all the little new kiddies away ... lol.

happy cup

has left BOS :)
HSC
N/A
child orphanage and mental institution? that's pretty scary!!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
they say that theres a child or young woman that walks around near the cafe and shes all dressed in white. :eek:

Jonathan A

HSC

To Save heaps of money use OFFICEWORKS for photocopying. Its only 6 cents a page compared to 11 cents ar uni. Just borrow the books and photocopy them. If its a small book photocopy the whole book. I know is against the law but who is to know.

Seeing as I work at Officeworks, formerly in Printworks and now in Business Machines, I should clarify, its 7 cents per page. However, it is still cheaper and when you purchase a copy-card, it is inclusive of the credit.

I will also add, DON"T ASK OFFICEWORKS TO COPY FOR YOU - it is against the law. I have had heaps of debates with customers on what the law is. It is simple, even if it is for educational purposes, Officeoworks is a commercial organisation and will profit from copying which is not allowed, hence its policy. You can do it on self-serve.

AND check out our sales now, you will save heaps, no joke!

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Speaking of photocopying ... at uni you will learn to save heaps on photocopying, like heres an example: photocopy two pages onto one page, shrink the text, photocopy front and back ... you get the idea :)

Jonathan A

HSC
Cape said:
Speaking of photocopying ... at uni you will learn to save heaps on photocopying, like heres an example: photocopy two pages onto one page, shrink the text, photocopy front and back ... you get the idea :)

Thats what everyone should be doing, its cheaper and easier.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
It saves paper too and trees as well.

And don't forget new kiddies to recycle your photocopies after you finished with them :p

Jonathan A

HSC
Cape said:
It saves paper too and trees as well.

And don't forget new kiddies to recycle your photocopies after you finished with them :p

We even have recycle bins located at every photocopier :)

Jonathan A

HSC
White Rabbit said:
I've been to Parra and it certainly does have an errie feel to it

All open spaces, with rumours, old buildings are going to have an errie feeling, that is why Bankstown campus would lack this feeling, because it is a newer campus, whereas parra has a unique history.

spark

Does Parra have gym facilities? I heard awhile back from a mate who said it was under construction.. I would hope it's done by now?

B-Ma

HSC
spark said:
Does Parra have gym facilities? I heard awhile back from a mate who said it was under construction.. I would hope it's done by now?
Reply anyone?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)