Parking (1 Viewer)

GemmaHavok

Suck my kiss
two floors down getting high in the backroom
HSC
So I've finally decided to be a big girl and drive to uni. Only if its going to be heaps of trouble I wont bother. So I've got a few questions...
1. Do you have to get there heaps early to get a spot (In non-permit section of parking blocks)?
2. If so, how early?
Also, in general do you recommend it over catching the bus?

HSC
yes, you most free parking spots are taken by 8am. leaving the few 2hr parkings for the late comers.

you also need to consider the busy peak hour traffic in the morning.

do i recommend it?. yes
but only because itll take me about 2hours one-way to get there by bus

Last edited:

Capitalist

HSC
UNSW charges $8/day if you want to park in the parking stations.

However, if you don't mind walking, you can find street parking around 10 minutes walk away from the university, which is of course free. And there are spots available after 9am.

If you want to park close to the university, you will have to get there before 8:30am.

jonathan__

HSC
Are the parking stations often full? (In particular the one nearest Barker St because it's closest to the Commerce are).

Also, can we pay per hour?

gman03

HSC
jonathan__ said:
Are the parking stations often full? (In particular the one nearest Barker St because it's closest to the Commerce are).

Also, can we pay per hour?
Most of the time it is not full (unless it coinciides with graduation ceremony)

You would not save that much time by parking in the Barket Street Carpark because you are allow to park at the top level only. To get to top level you car must do through five cycle of circular ramp up the station and after you park you have to walk down the stairs 5 level down. Together that taks 10 mins. Might as well not park there.

IIRC the minimum parking fee is $4 per 5 hours then goes to $8 per 12 hours roughly

Capitalist

HSC
Nope. You get used to the excessive amount of stairs after a while though, that is, around the university in general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)