parking at uts? (1 Viewer)

>monkey<

HSC
i know its a stupid question lol ...but i need to go to uts on saturday and sunday morning at about 9 for a umat prep course ..n i dunno if theres parking available or no, its UTS market campus, quay street ...ne one know if theres parking facilities available?..and if so, how much?

azn_spirit

...messed up...
HSC
Yeah theres parking, theres one just opposite the Library, looks like an hollow burnt down building, you can't miss it, its only 9 bucks for students or 11 dollars for non-students, I think, but yeah that or you can try Market City parking just opposite the Law Fac on Quay Street, think its same price there also.

fatmuscle

HSC
off street parking along the roads off wattle St.

just a bit of a walk

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
If you have a disabled permit you can part in any of the metred spaces for free. Just don't leave anything valuable in sight.

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
yoo can try off street parking.. but i doubt you'll find any.. its pretty packed at that time on sat.. sun you might have better luck.. so i suggest yoo go for the union parking lot, the hotel parking lot or market ct parking lot

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
have u guys noticed when u go to the car park beside the tower (not the science side)

a lot of the cars belong to disabled people?

we saw about 6 cars with these tags- i knew what they were coz my friend who gave me a lift today has 2 disks in his spine

so basically an abnormally sizable number of people making use of free parking! :)

somechick

HSC
N/A
hey do you guys reckon its better to get public transport or your own car? in terms of finance and all?
cos i pay $20 for transport each week but im thinking of getting my own car but i dont know, would it be worth it?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Depends how far you live and how many times a week you want to come to uni. For me, public transport works out a lot better and cheaper and I can sleep or study on the train too!

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
why in the world would you wanna go through the hassle of driving to uts? it's right next to central station!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I only had to do it occassionally, but why don't YOU try carrying a desktop computer, keyboard, mouse, cables, powerboard and 19" LCD monitor on a train. THEN try carrying all that down Broadway.

As for driving to uni every day, taking public transport will ALWAYS be cheaper than driving when you consider the price of fuel. It won't always be faster though (it was for me, taking the train from Blacktown to Central avoided all that traffic on the M4 and Parramatta Rd).

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Getting your own car is heaps more expensive than PT! Think of the insurance, petrol, etc, it would add up to heaps more. Petrol alone would probably be more expensive than public transport!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)