Parking at the University. (1 Viewer)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
How can you get a ticket for parking on a street with no signs. I'm sure you could get off if you did get one if there aren't any signs saying you can't park there.
Can you afford going to court to argue that point? (If you need to go to court to do so).

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
The worst thing UOW ever did was introduce 'real' parking fines for on campus parking, because now you are forced to pay the fine instead of just putting it in a shoebox under the bed along with all the others.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
They can't fine you for parking in a street with no signs indicating that they don't want you to, its simple as that.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
gmraso said:
"They" have done so in the past and will continue to.
I'm backing up gmraso here. It's happened in the past. Nothing more beautiful than a line of cars with paper telling the drivers they owe money. =\

It has happened, and I see no reason why it won't stop. Money-raising tactics ahoy. It's as simple as that. :)

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
gmraso said:
Our only defence against these revenue raisers is violent vigilantism or not parking there. I prefer the first option:)
I agree to a point. This is clearly the doings of the University of Wollongong. I say we form an assertive (well, a little bit too assertive) action group and voice/show our grievances to the uni.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
gmraso said:
"They" have done so in the past and will continue to.

Well by that mentality I can walk up to you and and fine you for scratching your bum. There were no signs up to say you couldn't, and no way of you knowing that you're not allowed to scratch your bum, but you get a fine anyway.

Does nobody else get my point?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)