Parents (1 Viewer)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
same time last year my mum said, in all seriousness

"if you don't get over 90 i'd be incredibly disappointed in you"

followed by a

"if you didn't get into uni, and i mean a GOOD uni, i'd kick you out of home. you'd be too shameful to keep"

such is my insane asian parents

moving out to the max.

white_spazzy

but why?
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
same time last year my mum said, in all seriousness

"if you don't get over 90 i'd be incredibly disappointed in you"

followed by a

"if you didn't get into uni, and i mean a GOOD uni, i'd kick you out of home. you'd be too shameful to keep"

such is my insane asian parents

moving out to the max.
sounds like my grandparents who are not asian,nor do i live with them. they are holding my brand new laptop hostage until i get my uai....ARGH!! and it has to meet their expectations

taxman

make poverty
HSC
My parents have to be about the only parents in the world who get angry at me for studying. A few days ago I came downstairs for breakfast (which I ate whilst reading over a past exam for Chem) and then went upstairs and sat it. Came downstairs after marking it and stuff and ate lunch while reading over a past PDHPE exam. My dad grabs the exam, throws it across the room and screams at me not to study at the table. Like, what the hell?

The next day my mum comes home from work and comes into my room where I was writing a practice essay for King Lear. She comes in and switches my light off and tells me to go downstairs and watch TV.

That night, they both gave me a stern talking to on how I'm studying too much and that I should go out some more. My mum then gave me a hundred bucks and told me to call a girl and ask her to go shopping with me for a couple of shirts.

I really just can't get over this...they're actually annoyed at my studying habits. I should be happy, considering my parents would prefer that I don't study...but it's irritating.

Can you apply for misadventure for having awesome parents?

7th Sign

HSC
ur_inner_child said:

lol sounds like my parents lol their all talk but :D they just say shit to make me scared...They say it to my sister aswell but she is just this uni bludger who does jack all and is like 20 and still living here so I guess I will be going to tafe or somethign and living here till im 20 aswell :D

SlipStream

HSC
My mum, dad and sis flew up to the Gold Coast for the Indycars having a ball in a five star hotel and all this other shit. They call me and wish me good luck. Bastards. Mother always wishes me good luck but fails to see why I should be exempt from doing the dishes. Even though I don't need a UAI and I'm not going to uni my dad still thinks for some reason that it is important to employers in the future with how I did in my HSC. Pffft - maybe twenty years ago.

dorothygale

HSC
taxman said:
I really just can't get over this...they're actually annoyed at my studying habits.
haha, yeah my parents won't let me read notes at the dinner table. that was until i spread my papers from every single subject all over said table and they couldn't be bothered telling me to clear them off every night--we now eat at the coffee table. bahahaha. that'll teach 'em.

my parents are pretty good. they never tell me to study, but i'm pretty sure they would if i didn't. mum did buy me Study Beers though...

Last edited:

sarahlouiseir

HSC
My parents have been good, not bugging me to do chores etc...
last week, the day before the nglish paper 2 i ran out of my essensials, Gum, Diet Coke and ice blocks and index cards...she ran down to the store not to mention running to Big W at closing time and convincing the manager to let her inside she was like Pleeeaaassseee i have a HSC stuuudddeeennnnttt...shee needs paper.." and they let her in...ahhh thanks mumma

HSC
my parents:
- get anything under 80 and your out of the house

oh the joys of strict wog parents :p

lala2

Banned
HSC
My mum drives me to school every time I have an exam--she says I can't rely on the trains, and that if they were on time, why not arrive to school more relaxed than having to stress about catching trains and turning a 15 minute walk from the station to school into 7? My parents are pretty good about it--they usually let me alone.

emskis

my parents are ok. they're supportive and tell me that i'll do good and not to worry too much.
but at the same time, i had a big fight with my mum last night when she figured out i had an exam today and i wasn't studying after the maths exam. she kept bugging me, but my dad was cool about it. he just asked me if i'd had enough of studying and im like "yep" and he said fair enough.....

they dont go out of their way to do anything for me tho...i think they're just proud of me for getting this far

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)