Parents (1 Viewer)

lm1122

HSC
How are your parents coping this year? Mine are driving me CRAZY :angry: ! What's worse is that my mum has bought some book called "the parent's survival guide to the HSC" or something and so every night she comes up to me and says "now sweetie, we have to set goals". ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait till I get out of here!! Just wanting to know i'm alone feeling this extreme level of exasperation!

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
My mum is a teacher and she is on my back non-fucking-stop. It drives me nuts too, but she didn't buy any books thank God. My dad on the other hand cares but doesn't make a big deal of it. He doesn't live with me anyway so it's not like he's there hounding me.

Juliet

HSC
My parents are ok, but they do bug me to study when i am watching tv or something....which is sometimes what i need. They just want me to try my best, even if my best is 70.

hk31

HSC
wtf?
"the parents' survival guide to the HSC"
don't tell me....its by Excel...isn't it...
if it is....NOW they're ripping off our parents too!!!

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
if my family didn't pressure me, i wouldn't give a CRAP about the hsc. it's all one huge competition for them - rahrahrah, so and so got into law, so and so got into commerce... -___-;;

asian parents and their stupid ways of thinking....

at teh beginning of the year, my dad lectured me for one and a half hours straight, and i was crying by the end.... and then he goes, "i'm not yelling at you, or telling you off... i'm just advising you!"

aah, shut up :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
It can get to point where you just say, "Screw this! I don't care."

And spend a few months in front of the television being a vegetable, and sayin', "Don't worry," repeatedly when they tell you to study.

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by lm1122
so every night she comes up to me and says "now sweetie, we have to set goals"
HAHAHAHA, the brainwashing of the hsc affects us all!

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
*brings home 99 on maths test*
mum: how come you didnt get 100?

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
*Brings home 100 on a Maths test*
Mum: Good.

guy

HSC
*brings home detention slip for not doing maths test*
mum: you stupid cunt
haha just kidding

~TeLEpAtHeTiC~

Aesthetically Challenged
HSC
parents dont care..they supportive of whatever i do
i rekon this makes me all the more adamant about pleasing em... oh well... hopefully i do

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yep my parents care but the second one of them says something like 'don't you have study to do' I remind them in no uncertain terms who is actually doing the HSC and that they don't know what they're talking about

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
Yep my parents care but the second one of them says something like 'don't you have study to do' I remind them in no uncertain terms who is actually doing the HSC and that they don't know what they're talking about
Haha, I like that stategy.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by lm1122
How are your parents coping this year? Mine are driving me CRAZY :angry: ! What's worse is that my mum has bought some book called "the parent's survival guide to the HSC" or something and so every night she comes up to me and says "now sweetie, we have to set goals". ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait till I get out of here!! Just wanting to know i'm alone feeling this extreme level of exasperation!
thats just ridiculous! edit
Originally posted by flyin'
It can get to point where you just say, "Screw this! I don't care."

And spend a few months in front of the television being a vegetable, and sayin', "Don't worry," repeatedly when they tell you to study.
yeah, u can say that coz people pressure u 2 much and u wanna just do what U wanna do. thats what i find neway.
Originally posted by sukiyaki
*brings home 99 on maths test*
mum: how come you didnt get 100?
edit yeah some people do. v. annoying
Originally posted by ~TeLEpAtHeTiC~
parents dont care..they supportive of whatever i do
i rekon this makes me all the more adamant about pleasing em... oh well... hopefully i do
edit

Last edited:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
my parents are typical asian parents i guess. they say they dont care but they really do. they are proud of me cos I do well at school, but sometimes i feel like i should do better.

the fact that i want to do medicine is my choice, but it made them happy as well. i guess subconciously they influenced my choice. the choice to do ext2 eng was probably like that as well.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
yeah, u can say that coz people pressure u 2 much and u wanna just do what U wanna do. thats what i find neway.
It wasn't really the pressure... It was just sayin' - Hey, I don't HAVE to do any work... HA!

quarkfire

bludger
HSC
N/A
my parents don't say anything but in a way that's worse because when I ain't getting 100% they are so disappointed. anger I can handle, arguments end quickly you know? but disappoint -now that hurts :(

Exeter

Resident Megaphone
HSC
well recently they been buggin me
first post trial week and i wanna chillax a bit and they hound me for not studyin enough
i can understand why they are doin all that though so i try my best not tos ay anythin and just listen to them

Benno

HSC
mum: why dont u go study
me: study go look at my results bitch wtf do i need study 4???

lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)