parameters??? (1 Viewer)

Jinglebell

HSC
ok, i'm writing my report, and we have a nice 15-point outline of what has to go in it, and i was doing fine until point 9:

"explanation of choice of parameters for your major work"

wtf would the parameters of a MW be? would it be the topics explored or something? HELP ME!!!!!!!!

*end stress attack*

Huy

HSC
N/A
the restrictions you've placed on your major work
the scope

for example, if you were doing poetry
you'd talk about the limited range of themes,
or a narrow field, because of the variety of concepts, etc

talk about the reasons why you're focussing on one area, instead of another, why you haven't broadened out into different categories and aspects, etc.

it's basically asking what kind of things have you done, or the reasons for putting restrictions on your major work. that is, where do you draw the line? :)

Jinglebell

HSC
riiiight...so basically, repeating myself yet again with a slightly different twist:)

thanks huy, you're my new hero:p

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Jinglebell
so basically, repeating myself yet again with a slightly different twist:)
That's the gist of it :)
Extension 2 is all about repeating the outcomes and re-wording yourself.
"I've been critically reflecting on..."
"Through the process of composition, I have envisaged..."
blah blah :p

With the parameters, you'd be talking about things like:

- What your chosen topic/medium is (print, visual, etc)
- What you've done so far
- What you'd like to explore

stuff like that, but keep in mind it is asking for your choice in parameters so you'd have to address that explicitly.

ie "I have elected to focus upon _______ because I have a keen interest in ________. I have decided not to branch off into areas such as _______, _______ and _______ as it will divert the audience's attention away from my purpose, which is to ________. Time restrictions have meant that I can only focus on such aspects of <insert topic here> including _______, ______ and _______."

You know what I mean :D
Crap on, and then crap on some more... but keep stating the scope of your work, what you want to look at, what you dont want to look at, why you dont want to look at X, Y and Z. (time, boredom, doesnt interest you, no relevance to your work, etc). :)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
You might also want to specify what aspect of the English Adv/Extension course you're focussing on in your MW.

Jinglebell

HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss
it is all in ur syllabus jinglebell....:p...
i checked there before i even started to stress...unfortunately it doesn't say "oh, and parameters are...":p don't know what the syllabus writers were thinking:)

Originally posted by anti
You might also want to specify what aspect of the English Adv/Extension course you're focussing on in your MW.
that got it's own nice long paragraph, complete with a list of Advanced outcomes. i'm very proud of pulling some really strong connections pretty much out of thin air actually:)

but yes, i'm nearly finished now (except for a stupid annotated bibliography which i'll do tomorrow in my free since i need library books for that). go me. i've just inadvertantly written most of my reflection statement!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)