papers (1 Viewer)

carrotsss

HSC
if you want smth hard do nsb/ruse, if u want something a bit more reasonable baulko, grammar, independent etc. are good

most papers are similar quality anyway it doesn’t rlly matter that much, just do whichever ones you feel like

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
  • Girra 2022
  • NSG 2020
  • Knox 2021(
  • Nsg 22
  • CSSA 2022 paper
  • Fort street 2022
  • BAulko 2020
  • Killara 2022
  • Grammar 2022
  • Sydney girls 2022
  • Nsb 22
  • Normo 2022
  • Baulko 2023
  • Nsb 2023
  • Syd grammar 2023
  • Girra 2023
  • normanhurst 2023

anyone have any suggestions for 4u papers
there isn't much time so if u did a nice one lmk and we can share marks etc @SadCeliac @everyoneelsedoing4uinthestateorhasdonethenewsyllabus

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
omd i realised i haven't even learnt resisted projectile motion is it hard where do i learn it what do i need to know
WHAT THE FK IS THIS
Screen Shot 2023-10-13 at 8.20.01 pm.png
what r these equations
ive never done a question like this before

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Oh wtf damn so what r u gonna do if they resisted motion thing comes up
it just one small section of a topic it should be fine, the integration is horrific they better give like 10 marks just for deriving these equations 😭
ive never seen this in a trial paper either so idk it should be fine and its just mechanic-integration anyways so its not difficult

carrotsss

HSC
it just one small section of a topic it should be fine, the integration is horrific they better give like 10 marks just for deriving these equations 😭
ive never seen this in a trial paper either so idk it should be fine and its just mechanic-integration anyways so its not difficult
I feel like resisted motion isn’t really something you need to specifically understand you just need to know how to apply the mechanics formulas and then do some intense integration

SadCeliac

done hsc yay
HSC
  • Girra 2022
  • NSG 2020
  • Knox 2021(
  • Nsg 22
  • CSSA 2022 paper
  • Fort street 2022
  • BAulko 2020
  • Killara 2022
  • Grammar 2022
  • Sydney girls 2022
  • Nsb 22
  • Normo 2022
  • Baulko 2023
  • Nsb 2023
  • Syd grammar 2023
  • Girra 2023
  • normanhurst 2023

anyone have any suggestions for 4u papers
there isn't much time so if u did a nice one lmk and we can share marks etc @SadCeliac @everyoneelsedoing4uinthestateorhasdonethenewsyllabus
I'm just doing HSC 😭😭😭 I don't have time for others

yanujw

HSC
omd i realised i haven't even learnt resisted projectile motion is it hard where do i learn it what do i need to know
WHAT THE FK IS THIS
View attachment 40486
what r these equations
Actually this model is not correct. If resistance applies to a projectile with a magnitude of , then the horizontal and vertical resistance can be correctly set as and if and only if n=1. You'll notice in Cambridge and the few HSC past papers where there is resisted projectile motion, it is always linear resistance. @tywebb wrote about this issue in NSM here

As a difficult question, try to prove by contradiction that if R is resistance acting on a projectile, expressed in terms of acceleration and not force (so no need to divide by m or whatever), then is an inappropriate model for projectile motion.

Luukas.2

HSC
Actually this model is not correct. If resistance applies to a projectile with a magnitude of , then the horizontal and vertical resistance can be correctly set as and if and only if n=1. You'll notice in Cambridge and the few HSC past papers where there is resisted projectile motion, it is always linear resistance. @tywebb wrote about this issue in NSM here

As a difficult question, try to prove by contradiction that if R is resistance acting on a projectile, expressed in terms of acceleration and not force (so no need to divide by m or whatever), then is an inappropriate model for projectile motion.
I think you might mean that is an inappropriate model for projectile motion, because without gravity the motion won't be projectile.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
WHAT THE FK IS THIS
View attachment 40486
what r these equations
There is a whole thread on this at https://community.boredofstudies.or...rtional-to-the-square-of-the-velocity.388904/ the conclusion of which is that nsm and maths in focus treatment of it is utter rubbish.

Furthermore the publishers and authors of those books were warned about this years ago and told to remove it from their books. They stubbornly refused to do so - the result of which is you and many other students have become confused and have become victims of their stubbornness.

If your school chooses to use nsm or maths in focus, then it will be incumbent on the teacher to explain why their treatment of it is inappropriate.

Last edited:

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
There is a whole thread on this at https://community.boredofstudies.or...rtional-to-the-square-of-the-velocity.388904/ the conclusion of which is that nsm and maths in focus treatment of it is utter rubbish.

Furthermore the publishers and authors of those books were warned about this years ago and told to remove it from their books. They stubbornly refused to do so - the result of which is you and many other students have become confused and have become victims of their stubbornness.

If your school chooses to use nsm or maths in focus, then it will be incumbent on the teacher to explain why their treatment of it is inappropriate.
okay makes sense
just confirming none of this applies to resistance proportional to just velocity right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)