Paper one (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
You use the big words from the syllabus while answering the question to make you look smart lol
so talk about how people like Emma dont really accept the constricted victorian precepts surrounding them but its a necessity of their environment - hence it satirises the shortcomings in human behavior, rather than the reality/truths
- is that too bs or enough bs ughghgh

GoldenMelon

HSC
so talk about how people like Emma dont really accept the constricted victorian precepts surrounding them but its a necessity of their environment - hence it satirises the shortcomings in human behavior, rather than the reality/truths
- is that too bs or enough bs ughghgh
I actually don’t do Emma, but make sure your mentioning how the features of the text contribute to its textual integrity lol.

uniqueusername1

HSC
Aight heres another one for practice:

Seldom, very seldom, does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised, or a little mistaken.

How do misunderstandings in Jane Austen’s Emma function as a narrative device? In your response, refer to the quotation and your understanding of the novel, Emma.

zizi2003_

HSC
tf do you say in your thesis
bru u can literally connect it to so many thingsss:
- the inability of emma to see the truth beyond appearances due to her preoccupation with class/status (and pair this with the value of prose fiction byi saying how this propels austen's moralistic commentary) e.g. how emma views mr. martin and miss bates versus how austen views them
- how the expression of truth is governed by strict social decorum which creates misunderstandings and artificial relationships in highbury e.g. knightley's confession of love, emma's inability to see the truth of jane and churchhill's relationship
- the truth of women and their identity was not considered as important as their marital status e.g. mrs elton versus miss bates

Last edited:

stressedadfff

HSC
So you are looking at the unity of the text, its exploration of timeless and universal themes and hence how does the text’s exploration of these ideas and values result in ongoing critical engagement.
oh so like if it asked us on the "endurance of a text"

uniqueusername1

HSC
for emma specifically, talk about- austen's moralistic instruction and criticisms of her regency society, austen's use of FID and omniscient to give us an insight into emma's psyche and most importantly the prose fiction form (bildungsroman novel...)
damn that sounds like state ranker words

icycledough

HSC
tf do you say in your thesis
I can give you an example of what an average and what an exemplar thesis would look like.

Consider the question "Politics illustrates the ultimate powerlessness of ordinary people. To what extent is this view represented in your prescribed text and one other related text of your own choosing?"

An average thesis would be something like "In Shakespeare's KHIV Part 1 and Zvyagintsev's Leviathan, the exploration of politics demonstrates the ultimate powerlessness of the common person".

See how that just answers the question by re-stating it?

However, an exemplar thesis would be something like "Politics is defined by the relationship between the powerful and the powerless, as the decisions of the few dictate the lives of the many. Power can only be wielded by those who have authority conferred on them by birth or by their fellows".

This shows the marker that you actually understand what the question is asking, and then of course, you could then reference the specific texts in the following sentence.

stressedadfff

HSC
for emma specifically, talk about- austen's moralistic instruction and criticisms of her regency society, austen's use of FID and omniscient narration to give us an insight into emma's psyche and most importantly the prose fiction form (bildungsroman novel...)
so if they ask about form could we base three paragraphs on that

zizi2003_

HSC
ye lol
i upped my qutoes amount after seeing some of those stupid qs as well. but i dont have anything exceeding 25 lmfao.

mod a seems relatively nice. mod b and common mod has some stinkers.
are you memorising any quotes for mod c?

stressedadfff

HSC
are you memorising any quotes for mod c?
do you know what 'form specific thing we could talk about for marriage in emma?
- i was going to talk abou tthe distinct differences/motivations of the female characters and their decision to marry but im not sure what form technique/construction i could say ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)