paper 2 (1 Viewer)

Huy

HSC
N/A
WHAT!

You get computers in the exam? Or are you just pulling my leg there? If they gave me a computer in the examination, I'd be flying! :)

PG5

HSC
yeap.. i get a computer! :)
It's approved by the Board of Studies as well... either that or i get extra time.
For me... extra 2.5 mins per half for maths...

and for the other courses..

a computer for eco, bs, eng, re and phy!
hehe... it's dis thing called special provisions, coz i've got illegible handwriting most of the time...

so for hsc and trial exams... i get a comp or extra time... how convenient is that?!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by seaeagle223
Sorry for not being clearer. i'm at a non-catholic school and i'd like to have the questions from this year's trials so I can attempt them. (For Ros +Guil, John Donne and 1984). I've done the specimen paper, 2001 - 2002 CSSA Trial, 2001 - 2002 HSC papers, and just about any othe essay questions I could find.

So does anyone remember the 2003 CSSA Qs for the above modules?

Thanks
i dont know what the qs are but think it'd b a good idea 2 try them coz these qs tend to b kinda different and harder ffrom the others

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
u get a computer?!
lucky bastard!
i swear if i had a computer ill be doin 6essays instead of 3
i wanna see some prove of your illegible handwriting!

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by redslert
u get a computer?!
lucky bastard!
i swear if i had a computer ill be doin 6essays instead of 3
i wanna see some prove of your illegible handwriting!
I was thinking the exact same thing when I read it!
I don't need proof, but I wouldn't mind having a computer/keyboard with me in the examination room!

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
too bad, my handwriting is legible when u turn it on angle...id rather have a computer/laptop though...

PG5

HSC
hmm... it ain't that hard to get one...

Go to the docs, explain ur situation, get a med cert and give it to the teacher who is organising the 'special provisions.' You'd have to write 2 30 min essays about anything and one typed essay. It's very easy to get... even extra time isn't that hard... you just have to go looking for it!

a computer is very handy! u can cut n paste... edit ur work... and you could type really fast!

i don't need to scan the illegible writing... i've been using the computer in the examinations since the beginning of yr 12. haha, if you don't believe me i'll take a photo of the letter that the Board of Studies sent that approves me having a computer.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
but my writing legibles enuf for my teachers to read...so i guess im not that bad...*sigh*..lucky you and good luck in the exams

PG5

HSC
you could also say that your fingers start to hurt during the exam. With the intense writing for such a long period of time, you feel disadvantaged because of an unfortunate injury that occurred?

you've got nothing to lose by trying to get the special provisions... but a lot to gain!

yeah thanx... good luck with all of u as well! :headbang:

schmuk

yeah its pretty easy to get special provisions. i dont write that quickly so i just did the two 30 min essays and i get 5 min extra for every hour. its not that much but its 15min in a 3hr exam. plus u get your own comfy heated room so u can eat, drink, go to the dunny, rock up late, leave when u want, etc. my mobile went off during an exam the other day and the teacher didnt really care... just told me to turn it off. in a big exam room i wouldve been hammered

schmuk

yeah its pretty easy to get special provisions. i dont write that quickly so i just did the two 30 min essays and i get 5 min extra for every hour. its not that much but its 15min in a 3hr exam. plus u get your own comfy heated room so u can eat, drink, go to the dunny, rock up late, leave when u want, etc. my mobile went off during an exam the other day and the teacher didnt really care... just told me to turn it off. in a big exam room i wouldve been hammered

PG5

HSC
seems like you have short-term memory loss... ur 1st post and ur 2nd posts r the same.
so did u?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by PG5
hehe... it's dis thing called special provisions, coz i've got illegible handwriting most of the time...

so for hsc and trial exams... i get a comp or extra time... how convenient is that?!
illegible handwriting.. hmm... we could all go about seeing 2 that
nah, i think i prefer 2 write them anyway, i think more clearly

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
i know someone who typed for her eng trials instead because of an injury. i would rather type since it's not as straining and i type faster than i write. although i find that i think better if i'm writing.

anyway, i wrote about 15 pages on paper2 with the BOS paper, that's my limit i think. i'm pretty envious of the kid who wrote 23 pages

edit: whoa quickedit! pretty spiffy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)