pages? (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Matt200
? what do you mean, i meant 6 pages all up
Oh, that makes it only about 18 words per minute. I thought you meant six pages per module:).

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i wrote 2 full bookelts each for mod a and b ..mod c in contrast was lyk 4 pages....shiittest resposne ever.. ahhaha thye are gonna go *what has she learnt the whole yr????* when they read mine.. haha

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Loz#1
Shit, I meant 9 for the last bit. I know I got 2 strings, i'm not lying :)
ahaha yeah yeah i believe you... sorry i was just confused :D

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
At least they never tell you what you got for each individual essay!

That way you don't have to feel bad!

Matt200

Originally posted by Merethrond
Oh, that makes it only about 18 words per minute. I thought you meant six pages per module:).
Theres a lot more words (than 720) on 2 pages of font 12

Rahul

Dead Member
5 words per line for 3 booklets is a lot.

thats 100 words per page, close to 20 pages of thats ~2000 words.

:eek:

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Originally posted by Matt200
Theres a lot more words (than 720) on 2 pages of font 12
On what font? I use "Times New Roman" and I usually get about 570 words per page. So:

570*6 = 3420 words in total in your essays.

3420/120(minutes) = 28.5 words per minute.

I must have miscalculated before:).

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I was sitting near this really smart chick and I never want to sit near her again, it's so depressing as she keeps putting her hand up every 10 mins for another booklet. She gets a new book, puts her hand up 10 mins later and i'm like...oh wait she's going for a tissue...oh no wait, it's another book.

Bucko

I did 9, 8.5, 8
How the fuck do you write a page every 1 and a half minutes??? Are there some people that are like superhuman, or are yous writing like a word per line??

scottish_lass

i wrote 7,5,8- dont think it's length that counts to the hugest extent. its necessary to get in enough detail and depth to get marks but as long as your writing what they are after.... like all 4 pages could be of the best structure and quality.

DC10

chances are when someone writes one page in 1 and a half minutes are:

- they probably don't or won't recall what they wrote, cos they probably didn't think thru the question

- they probably didn't think about answering the question but just regurgitated their memories essay

- each bos booklet has 20 lines per page. If that person writes 5 words per page, that's 100 words. EVEN if he/she writes 100 words, in say 1 and a half minutes or 90 seconds that's 1.1111.. words per sec... x 60 that equals to

66.66667 words per minute

Can a person really write as fast as he/she types?
and is it possible to sustain it for 120 full minutes? i hardly think not :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

if that person used up 3 booklets for each module, most likely maybe only 3 or 2 words per line... which will look pathetic to the markers, which goes to show that,

quality over quantity!:apig:

Also, would you think that HSC markers would want to read an essay that's 3 booklets long, doesn't answer the question, and is filled with 2 or 3 words per line? :D

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I must admit two or three words per line would look pathetic. I can imagine if I was a HSC marker and got a three booklet response, I would just be "I can't be bothered to read this":rolleyes:. Personally, think it would leave a bad impression:).

Nick

foregone conclusion
HSC
N/A
dont u think itd be better to make the most of every second u have in hte exam.. write as fast and as much as u can to cover all the aspects of the rubric and question so the marker is forced to give u full marks..

and if u write 2 oe 3 words per line the marker will probably thing, great, i can actually read this writing..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)