Pacific Thread (1 Viewer)

historykidd

HSC
What will the question be on this year you guys think? I think we've got a good chance at an a-bomb question or a homefronts one personally.

Discuss.

TheGlenn

HSC
Nationalism and Imperialism - because it hasn't been asked for about 4 years.
As well as something on Civilians at War whether it's home front or collaboration.

Whats the possibility of an Abomb or Allied Occupation question ?

historykidd

HSC
TheGlenn said:
Nationalism and Imperialism - because it hasn't been asked for about 4 years.
As well as something on Civilians at War whether it's home front or collaboration.

Whats the possibility of an Abomb or Allied Occupation question ?
hmm homefront seems pretty likely i agree that was last asked in 2003. A-Bomb was asked in 2004 but its a pretty big dotpoint so its another likelyhood and what the devil would collaboration involve? isn't that discussion of slave labour and misuse of south-east asian civilians by the japanese?

TheGlenn

HSC
Well it says 'collaboration and resistance, the use of slave labour' so i guess you could talk about something like the Burma Railway?? But how does that link to a possible question? The key feature says 'impact of war on occupied territories' so that seems straight forward. However, detail might be a problem, like what else would we talk about? We can't just talk about slave labour in each country because that would be dumb.

historykidd

HSC
TheGlenn said:
Well it says 'collaboration and resistance, the use of slave labour' so i guess you could talk about something like the Burma Railway?? But how does that link to a possible question? The key feature says 'impact of war on occupied territories' so that seems straight forward. However, detail might be a problem, like what else would we talk about? We can't just talk about slave labour in each country because that would be dumb.
well i mean you could talk about the japanisation of the terrotories, specific information about how each was suppressed, atrocities such as the sook-ching massacre, umm secret services like the tokko and kempetai; i mean there is enough to talk about for impact of war but i think they might make us link it to something i.e. impact of war and subsquent decolonization.

TheGlenn

HSC
Well technically they can ask us on either 'Collaboration and Resistance' and 'The use of slave labour' individually can't they?

Also, which key feature and issue is 'the impact of the fall of the phillipines,...' go under?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)