P.i.p!! (1 Viewer)

Ella.Bryant

HSC
Hey everyone.
I have seen a few other people asking the same question, but i need some ideas for my P.I.P topic! I need something original that no one has done before and my brain is not working!
It's still early days, so there is so stress.
I just want to get a head start..

cxlxoxk

HSC
The idea needs to be invented in your own head, you won't be motivated to do the pip, if you do someone else's idea!

I'm an 08er done with the pip, just think of something original and this forum can help u refine it, but its best not to ask for ideas for what to do!

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
it also needs to be a passion, something that will sustain your interest between now and septemberish next year.

mine was about social stigmas attached to single male foster parents. this was an issue very close to my heart - my boyfriends experienced it - and it was an amazingly personal and at times confronting and upsetting experience.
but i loved every minute and there wasnt a day that went by when i wasnt tweaking or working on it. i met amazing people and learnt so much

make it something you live and breath

fallenstar

liberate, educate.
HSC
sonyaleeisapixi said:
it also needs to be a passion, something that will sustain your interest between now and septemberish next year.

mine was about social stigmas attached to single male foster parents. this was an issue very close to my heart - my boyfriends experienced it - and it was an amazingly personal and at times confronting and upsetting experience.
but i loved every minute and there wasnt a day that went by when i wasnt tweaking or working on it. i met amazing people and learnt so much

make it something you live and breath
+1
couldn't agree more
passion is everything.
i loved mine.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Think of things that make you angry, that make you sad or really excited , things that affect you on a deeply personal level. Then see if you you can draw concepts out of those things, look at them from all angles.

A good way to start yourself off is to do a pre-pip personal reflection, just write about everything that makes you feel something, dont worry about spelling or grammar of how sentences sound, just get it out, dont be politically correct or notice you're bias, go off on many tangents if you need to, just get your true raw thoughts all down on paper.

Then make sure you analyse it, look at your thoughts, try to understand why they are the way they are and see what you are most interested in. Good luck :)

Miss Code

HSC
I have already decided on the topic im doing, for 3 months before hand my Society teacher told us to start thinking of ideas for what we want to do and i thought ok great, came up with what i wanted to do that lesson "Bands past experinces that influnce their music" but then 3 weeks ago i was listening to the way people judge each other without getting to know them and i changed my idea to how people make preceptions of others, its something that will keep me going the whole time because its something that makes me angry how people judge each other without getting to know them just by their looks.
Just think of something your interested in, music, the environment, society, media anything that will get you excited about doing it. Just make sure that you can get lots of research on it.
My class did a mini one so we got to know how to set it out, get the research ect.. and for it we got given the topic and i asked a guy in year nine what he thought of school uniforms his response.. I like devon.. yes clearly that was a N/A response.. Just make it so you can get good information and you'll do great

:D

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Miss Code said:
I have already decided on the topic im doing, for 3 months before hand my Society teacher told us to start thinking of ideas for what we want to do and i thought ok great, came up with what i wanted to do that lesson "Bands past experinces that influnce their music" but then 3 weeks ago i was listening to the way people judge each other without getting to know them and i changed my idea to how people make preceptions of others, its something that will keep me going the whole time because its something that makes me angry how people judge each other without getting to know them just by their looks.
Just think of something your interested in, music, the environment, society, media anything that will get you excited about doing it. Just make sure that you can get lots of research on it.
My class did a mini one so we got to know how to set it out, get the research ect.. and for it we got given the topic and i asked a guy in year nine what he thought of school uniforms his response.. I like devon.. yes clearly that was a N/A response.. Just make it so you can get good information and you'll do great

:D
This is a really common topic, i would suggest trying to put an original spin on it or you could risk a mediocre mark.

Miss Code

HSC
-may-cat- said:
This is a really common topic, i would suggest trying to put an original spin on it or you could risk a mediocre mark.
how i was going to do it was .. Persons preceptions of others in modern day society.. is that ok? =]

gorby2008

HSC
Miss Code said:
how i was going to do it was .. Persons preceptions of others in modern day society.. is that ok? =]
very broad...
narrow it down to a specific culture/gender/age demography and you may find it a more manageable task.

Miss Code

HSC
gorby2008 said:
very broad...
narrow it down to a specific culture/gender/age demography and you may find it a more manageable task.
thanks, is it a good topic tho?
It's something that will keep me interested for the time period as it happends every day. I just want to do well in it.

gorby2008

HSC
Miss Code said:
thanks, is it a good topic tho?
It's something that will keep me interested for the time period as it happends every day. I just want to do well in it.
yes, it's definitely good if you are interested because the passion will shine through your work. good luck

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Miss Code said:
sure, but your PIP will be like 50 billion pages long. 'modern society' is HUGE, think micro experiences instead, then expand from there.

Ella.Bryant

HSC
Thanks everyone!
Amazing help. I think i have have come up with a topic now and it should be good:)
Wooo, now all i have to do is 12 months worth of study on it!
Haha xx

becxoxo

HSC
Just one tip..

whatever you do, dont leave it to last minute.
it is stressful but not if u do little bits and pieces at a time.
i did mine this year and although i got it done in time, i do
regret not doing it when i knew i had the time to do it.

:)

electrik1991

HSC
Make some sort of schedule of when you're going to work on it.
Don't be like me and say;
"I'll do it tomorrow."
because you start to panic when its two months to go and you only have a topic but no research.

The PIP will be fun if you do something you love!

GOOD LUCK.:rolleyes:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Best tip for any 09ers reading

START RESEARCHING NOW

robyn7

HSC
dont worry too much about it now but just keep it in mind i mean u can do pretty much anything that ur interested in and that u will be able to research easily
people only started their PIP in the last 2 months before it was due so dont stress too much now, itll come to u!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)