• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

OZEMPIC Craze (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey everyone,

I've been seeing a lot of buzz lately about Ozempic, especially in the context of weight loss. Originally intended for managing type 2 diabetes, it seems like many people are now using it off-label to shed some pounds. Oprah and Elon Musk to mention a few. This trend has sparked quite a bit of debate, and I’m curious to hear what you all think.
Is it fair for non-diabetics to snatch up Ozempic, potentially creating shortages for those who actually need it for diabetes management?
Do you think Ozempic should only be used for weight loss under strict medical supervision? Why or why not?
Is it ethical for non-diabetic individuals to use a diabetes medication for weight loss?

And the biggest question, is the Ozempic weight loss trend just another dangerous fad, or do you think it’s here to stay?

aqwerty13402

HSC
Hey everyone,

I've been seeing a lot of buzz lately about Ozempic, especially in the context of weight loss. Originally intended for managing type 2 diabetes, it seems like many people are now using it off-label to shed some pounds. Oprah and Elon Musk to mention a few. This trend has sparked quite a bit of debate, and I’m curious to hear what you all think.
Is it fair for non-diabetics to snatch up Ozempic, potentially creating shortages for those who actually need it for diabetes management?
Do you think Ozempic should only be used for weight loss under strict medical supervision? Why or why not?
Is it ethical for non-diabetic individuals to use a diabetes medication for weight loss?

And the biggest question, is the Ozempic weight loss trend just another dangerous fad, or do you think it’s here to stay?
heard they're developing an alternative that'll 'hopefully' be out by 2026 or smthg

wildwestworm

HSC
Hey everyone,

Why don't billionaires invest in private trainers, dieticians, organic healthy produce (etc) instead of using a drug to lose weight? They have the money and the time + the first option pays off more imo (build healthy habits and you're not using a drug with a billion side effects). Idk am I missing something? 😭

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Why don't billionaires invest in private trainers, dieticians, organic healthy produce (etc) instead of using a drug to lose weight? They have the money and the time + the first option pays off more imo (build healthy habits and you're not using a drug with a billion side effects). Idk am I missing something? 😭
They don't in fact have the time

wildwestworm

HSC
I guess it depends on the billionaire but wtf is Oprah doing all day?😭 I feel like they have the money to make time at least temporarily to focus on losing weight. Also diet is a big part of losing weight, that takes like no time if they have a private chef to make their meals

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
I guess it depends on the billionaire but wtf is Oprah doing all day?😭 I feel like they have the money to make time at least temporarily to focus on losing weight. Also diet is a big part of losing weight, that takes like no time if they have a private chef to make their meals
oh yeah nah oprah is just too redoded to lose weight without drugs

cosmo 2

the head cheese
HSC

they prob do its just they dont care

zuck does all of those things

the real reason ppl are fat is they dont care and just want to eat a lot, so many people are in denial about this

same reason people buy smokes even when theres a photo on the ciggie packet of some grandmas torched out voice bawks

ozempic can only work on the fatties who dont want to be fat and are willing to take it for life despite the side effects, once they are off it theyll just become big fat pieces of shit all over again

harperissleepy

HSC
plus they have the money to eat balanced and healthy its wild.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)