Overloading (5 subjects) this semester (1 Viewer)

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
I am considering overloading this semester because there are some (first-sem only) subjects I need to do before I can take the second-sem or next-year subjects.

Have many people overloaded? If you did- what did you think of the overload and how did you cope?

HSC
I overloaded last semseter. It was do-able but it takes alot out of you, I had a 9hour day without breaks that almost killed me. But you just have to use your time wisely and you should be fine. Im guessing its not your first year so you be ok overloading.

Last edited:

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
I really wantwed to overload this semester but when I went in to ask what I had to do the woman redirected me to a meeting to plan my degree.

Bah. Now I have to wait til next Wednesday.

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
I did 5 classes last semester so I could finish my BA on time. I had four 3rd year classes and one 2nd year class, which really sucked. Like someone else mentioned, it's doable, but I strongly do not recommend it. You have to be extremely good at juggling readings and assignments. I suppose, though, it depends on your degree.

Basically it's only worth doing if you have a good reason, are willing to voluntarily put yourself through a fair amount of stress, and are confident that you can pass all your classes.
I've always found 4 subjects to be 'moderate' in difficulty and workload and found my lifestyle to be just alright, so I suppose I could try 5 subjects and see otherwise I'll drop out of one of them.

Hikari Clover

HSC
hey do u need to inform anyone b4 u overloading ? or u can just enrol those 5 subjects on the website?

sinophile

HSC
N/A
I did 5 classes last semester so I could finish my BA on time. I had four 3rd year classes and one 2nd year class, which really sucked. Like someone else mentioned, it's doable, but I strongly do not recommend it. You have to be extremely good at juggling readings and assignments. I suppose, though, it depends on your degree.

Basically it's only worth doing if you have a good reason, are willing to voluntarily put yourself through a fair amount of stress, and are confident that you can pass all your classes.
Thanks for the advice.

Can you give me an estimation of how many hours you spent on school, for attending classes and also for studying outside of it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)