Outlook, ...help me.... (1 Viewer)

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
I wanta start using Outlook... so, can I set it up for all my hotmail/gmail etc?... if so, how do I set them up?... ie hotmail...

Thanks

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
The original Outlook doesn't support HTML e-mail services nor even IMAP services. Outlook is more like an "organiser" with e-mail support, it's got calendars, diary and such stuff.

Use "Outlook Express", it's bundled with Windows 98 onwards. It's part of the Windows Components in your Add/Remove Programs.

Outlook Express is a great e-mail client not only supporting POP3, SMTP but also HTML and IMAP.

When configured properly it's very efficient and secure. For instance, automatically check & download your e-mails at user-defined intervals, automatic deleted items removals, attach your "Business Card" that is read by windows address book and the ability to have multiple user profiles and password protection.

j_davo24

HSC
Sorry to hijack but does anyone else have a problem getting gmail working with outlook 2003? Mine works til you shutdown, then when you turn the comp back on it won't connect to the server. I've done everything it says too.

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
thanks guys... gmail works awesome for me now... also, i have had my hotmail account for like 5 years or something... so how do i set it up for outlook...

and i'm referring to outlook 2003...

Thanks guys...

Jason Bourne

HSC
N/A
Go to the set up new email function and this time instead of choosing POP3, go to HTTP. Then input your details and that's pretty much it. Hotmail doesn't sync as well to Outlook as great as POP3 and IMAP accounts from my experience (apparently due to the authentication relating to .NET and my multiple accounts), but tell me how yours go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)