Outkast (1 Viewer)

Kos

Gday, just wondering if there were any Outkast fans here. I dont really like rap music too much, but Ive been a huge fan of Outkast since ATLiens. I havent got The Love Below/Speakerboxxx yet and was wondering if anyone here has and what they thought of it.

PrettyNoose

HSC
i am also NOT a fan of anything besides rock. but i gotta love outkast. i saw an interview with him on Fly Tv once and he was one of the nicest funniest blokes ever...and his music isnt bad either...

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm outkast is a group, and yeah they have a few decent songs.i still like their 1998 track rosa parks.

PrettyNoose

HSC
really? haha well one of those people from that group then....or maybe im just totally off

Kos

Theyre not really a group anymore. The two guys are so musically different. The short fat one is like a real hip hop rap guy while the tall lanky guy, Andre, does really bizarre experimental stuff. Its Andre's music that I really like. I say they arent really a group anymore because they havent broken up or anything but they dont do songs with each other anymore. They help each other out but they dont appear in each others songs. Their new album is a double CD, one done by Andre and the other done by Big Boi. Andre is a really weird guy for a rapper. He used to be married but is now divorced and has a kid (that what Ms Jackson is all about).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I have only heard their single "Hey Ya!" and I think it is great. It is just such a cool and funky song. I don't really like rap music either and I heard that there are not many songs on the two CD's like "Hey Ya!". There is supposed to be a lot of R&B and Jazz in the CD's, which I don't like. Based on this, I am not going to buy their album, just sticking with their single:).

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
What's the deal with Speakerboxx/The Love Below? I heard that it's a double CD set, and each CD is separate to each guy... if so, why didn't they just release it separately??

Kos

Originally posted by babydoll_
What's the deal with Speakerboxx/The Love Below? I heard that it's a double CD set, and each CD is separate to each guy... if so, why didn't they just release it separately??
I think they are amongst the few people in the music industry whose only goal in life isnt to make as much money as possible. Also they probably want to keep people sure that they havent broken up.

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
I love Hey Ya - it's so different to the other crap they play on the radio.

Hey Ya and that Jr./Sr. song are great - they have such a cool retro feel to them.

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
I cant stand that Hey ya song, its friggin annoying
i couldnt agree with you more!

'alright alright alright alright alright alright alright...'

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
So you're all probably going to shoot me for saying this, but I really, really hate what "music" of theirs that I have heard.
It's annoying, unoriginal, and crap!

But that's just my opinion. Whatever floats your boat, melts your chocolate, grates your cheese, etc, I guess...

Universal

HSC
N/A
Oh i grew to love Hey Ya as it was played over and over on the schoolies cruise.
It became one of the cruise theme songs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)