Our group is screwed...any ideas appreciated.. (1 Viewer)

the_used

This is shit.. We just performed our group performance for trials and an outside marker told us we need to take out big chunks of what we have, as it's too confusing.. Problem is, our group has no idea what to replace the chunks with..
Here's a run-down of our story..
Kevin is an illegal street racer, his girlfriend does not want him to race anymore - he promises her he won't. But, his friends convince him to compete in "one last race", in which he crashes his car (we don't act this out..just scream and such offstage), kills his mates, and Caroline (his g/f) won't keep contact with him.. After his friends die (I'm playing one of his friends), they turn into Kevin's emotions.. Each one of us has a different emotion to play - sad, scared, angry and hopeful/supportive.
Kevin realises he can't dwell on this event, and decides to face his friends' funerals, and then try and work things out with Caroline.
We act out the funeral scene, but without the preaching and such.. And then caroline comes onto stage, crying.. Kevin tries to speak to her but for some reason she won't listen.. Eventually Caroline chokes out the words "I can't accept Kevin's death". At which point, the audience, and Kevin himself, realise that Kevin killed himself in the accident too.
The outside marker suggested we take out the funeral scene and change our introduction (which finds caroline and kevin onstage talking about kevin's promise not to race), and also scrap the idea of Kevin's friends turning into his emotions. So basically, we're keeping one element of our play - the illegal street racer who crashed his car and killed his mates.
Any suggestions on where we can take this, would be so greatly appreciated, especially since we are being marked in 2 weeks. :confused:

sesquipedalian

HSC
Heya.... :)

Uh why do u hafta cut the scenes is it overtime or not progressing the story enough? What if at the start <<please dont think u HAVE to use this btw!!>> u have Kevin and Caroline, she could be telling him "Look, i wanna keep u alive baby, its just too dangerous. If ur trying to impress me it isnt working. If u keep this up i will hafta leave u." He promises, she leaves, then he could have the offer from someone else to race... This might be clinche but u could have two people on eother side of Kevin while he is trying to make the decision, one telling him to go for it and the other not to (like the good and bad side... u know when they have an angel and devil on each ear...) Neways, what if he tells his friends, they convince him to do it, he gives in, they die... u dont even need to show it, Kevin could enter and Caroline could skitz it at him for racing and killing them... Kevin could try to justify his actions to Caroline, to his friends, like they could come back to "haunt" him or sumthing, and he hasta explain to the family, friends, Caroline and even to the people he killed, like the excuses he uses. So rather than he being dead, he hasta live with the consequences and maybe he would have perferred to die that night??

Neways, that is my crappy idea! Lol! Dont worry, our group project hasnt even been practiced yet, we have an idea, a script, but beyond that!! :S Best of luck n i hope this is useful <<tho it probably isnt>>

~Aine

Innocent eyes

hey that sounds abit like our performence lol only ours is about a girl that gose for a job interveiw and we are her inner personalitys ( childish, positive, negitive and mature) and basicly we tell her what to do sort of, it ends in a fight ect anyway we still need 1 more minute so were still not out of dangerous waters anyway about your group performance have you tryed shortening scenes that are long scenes? maybe you can try making the funaral shorter? i like sesquipedalian's idea about how kevin lives and has to live with the fact that he killed his mates......anyway im sure you guys will work it out. good luck!

Last edited:

ajmr

HSC
joe?

ours is about a girl that gose for a job interveiw and we are her inner personalitys

THIS SOUNDS ALOT LIKE ONE THAT WAS IN ON STAGE THIS YEAR "JOE"
oops caps was on , sorry
it is probaly diffrent but it sounds like it

i have the HSC tomorrow and i am so scared
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

*Flutterby*

our group is screwed too.
were doing 4 different personalities in one mind (multiple personality disorder) and peeling...
familiar to others hey? were all on the same wave length... gr8 minds think alike:D

hotcocoababe

Sexiest BoS Member
I'm up there.... somewhere... gently floating abou
HSC
ooooh, talking about groups being screwed... ours is completely dysfunctional.

We sorta ended up with the leftover/s, you know. im willing to bet there are a few groups out there in the same situ as me and my best friend! its us two, and a guy who doesnt contribute a whole lot besides trying to add fart jokes, and another girl who skips drama to go out with her boyfriend, and then when she does come she doesnt feel like working, or she's having a bad day, or she rips the work that we HAVE managed to do to shreds because she doesnt like it. :mad:
what a nightmare!

we're only at about 7.5 minutes, still have one scene to block, another scene that hasnt even been scripted, and its due in a week. Add to that I have my english ext2, art and IP major works to do, all due in the next week too.

and see why im screwed :(

*Flutterby*

thats sounds like our group
cept i wasnt there much caws my nan was heaps sick and nearly died
but ive made all the effort i could, then and now
just the guy never shows and its fuckedours is due wed.. we havent done it

*Flutterby*

*Flutterby*

pungpui

HSC
firstly, you didnt have to tell us 3 times! in reference to the topic, you shouldnt have been told to chop bits out and stick bits in and wateva...its the trial (mock hsc) and they dont provide any feedback after the hsc, so why in this trial? So consider yourself lucky!

the_used

Wow, I didn't think I'd get this much feedback, pretty suprising! Well, thank you EVERYONE for the replies, nice to see we can all give a little bit of advice to one another. Our HSC performance was last monday, and we somehow managed to get ourselves sorted out before then.
The performance itself went pretty rad, except for one head-on collision that left me to perform with a throbbing head.. Haha thanks again for your suggestions everyone. :)

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
did anyone hear about the group in Bowral or somewhere? how they're performance or their trial performance was cancelled because of explicit content? something like that...

*Flutterby*

pungpui said:
firstly, you didnt have to tell us 3 times! in reference to the topic, you shouldnt have been told to chop bits out and stick bits in and wateva...its the trial (mock hsc) and they dont provide any feedback after the hsc, so why in this trial? So consider yourself lucky!
well i didnt intend on telling u 3 friggin times it obviously posted more then once and if u had even thought about it ud have figured that out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)