ottawa charter ...PLEASE help (1 Viewer)

hey guys
just wondering if you could help me with applying all the action areas of the ottowa charter to each of the 5 health priorities????

'im fine with cancer, injury and cvd but i stuggle to find initiatives in each of the ottowa principles for mental health diabetes and asthma
please help.....i have a feeling we're gonna be asked something on the latter

xoKate

i did a revision sheet in class the other week about applying the principals so i'll dig it out and type some of the info up after i get home from work (around 10:30ish tonight) :D

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
argh!! i hate the ottowa charter and all that health promotion crap...hence the reason why i'm dropping pdhpe for yr12

thanks chris

yeh it helps a bit :)

i suppose ill just have to bullshit my way through the exam....shouldnt be too hard ive done it before;)

chris42

HSC
Np's, the main thing is to (if you have the choice) try and do the ones that your good at, CVD seems a good option for me :)

yeah cvd is easy but id probably do injury i know about 3 initiatives for each action area cause i did an assessment task on it

what options do you do?>

yeah cvd is easy but id probably do injury i know about 3 initiatives for each action area cause i did an assessment task on it
im just scared that theyre gonna give us a specific health priority- a couple of years ago my teacher told me that they had to do one on mental health...and it totally threw everyone off

what options do you do?>

im just scared that theyre gonna give us a specific health priority- a couple of years ago my teacher told me that they had to do one on mental health...and it totally threw everyone off

what options do you do?>

what options do you do?>

chris42

HSC
I did improving performance and Sports Medicine, by the way I think when that server crashed it accidentally sumbited 4 of the same messages of yours.

Catey

Hey,

I was having massive trouble with this as well espicially asthma, but then I found the HSC PDHPE Maquarie Revision Guide and it basically goes through each prioity area and relates them specifically to the ottawa charter....

If you can get your hands on this I thing you will really benefit... it basically saved my PDHPE marks

Caitlin

eeyore

If they tell us to do some weird disease, like something that's not so common then I'm going to cry :(
i always get so confused, coz things often fit into more than one of the categories!

~SArAh~B~

after reading the syllabus i thought they could only really test you on the major ones like lung cancer, cvd, roads and traffic related injuries and depression? maybe i should read the syllabus again? :(

Catey

They wont test injurys or road and traffic accidents because they where done last year ... my advice is to look very closely at asthma because most people don't even know that it is an area that can be tested and therefore it probably will be because it has been added to the syllabus

Becca21

i think the major problem about that will be for multiple choice.. i cant see them asking to write about more than two priority areas in relation to the ottawa charter... it would just be too cruel!!!

and thanks for that website.. it looks really helpful... :)

Becca21

our teacher says athsma isn't testable until next year, when it is officially in the syllabus... apparently they cant test us on it this year... but i dunno!

Madi

is asthma really on the syllabus???holy shit??? does that mean that purple dinosaur add on tv is an initiative??? is anyone else freaking out about this exam??? :-(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)