Ottawa Charter and Jakarta Declaration (1 Viewer)

barbie_doll

HSC
Hay all,
i've posted in the resource section for Health Priorities 2 documents from the World Health Organisation website. They are The Jakarta Declaration and The Ottawa Charter. The documents include support information and then detailed information on the 5 areas of the Jakarta Declaration and the Ottawa Charter.

if they do not work, i have attached the documents to this thread...

hope you all enjoy.

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
Thanks Barbie Doll. Much appreciated! Good luck with your HSC!

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
thanks a lot for that...

while im in here. my teacher seemed to think that the jakarta dec. isnt not important. the questions in the HSC will be based on the Ottawa charter only!!

whats you view on this?? i havent studied the Jakarta dec for this reason at all.

disco

Kimmi_R

some of the past exams have specifically asked you to relate the jakarta dec with a health initiative, so id study it if i was u or you could get caught out

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Kimmi_R said:
some of the past exams have specifically asked you to relate the jakarta dec with a health initiative, so id study it if i was u or you could get caught out
oh no.... we havent done anything on it!!

damn, i already had a stack to do... oh well add it to the paper collection

thanks

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
The jakarta declaration is in the syllabus isnt it? So therefore its possible a question can be asked on it. I personally hope that there is a question on it as I've done a bit of work on it and I know most people haven't. But we shall know by next friday!

barbie_doll

HSC
ViolentJ said:
The jakarta declaration is in the syllabus isnt it? So therefore its possible a question can be asked on it. I personally hope that there is a question on it as I've done a bit of work on it and I know most people haven't. But we shall know by next friday!
that's right! if it is in the syllabus, then there is the chance that it could be in the exam... if i were you, i wouldn't take any chances, and would try to learn most of it to the best of your ability before the exam. it would be better to know it and have it not be in there than have it be in there and you not know it, and potentially miss out on up to 8 marks for a question...

it's not that difficult... remember, the jakarta declaration [1997] was based on the ottawa charter [1986], so there are some parallels that you can draw between the two of them.

good luck!

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
Why is that? Does the syllabus emphasise the ottawa charter more than the jakarta declaration?

Kimmi_R

as long as you know that the jarkarta declaration is based on the approach of changing attitudes, and people taking resposibility for their own health then you could probably talk a bit about a question related to it. for example jacarta dec in relation to health priority of skin cancer could be the quit for life health line. to get the healp the person has to take resposibility, admit they have a problem and ring up for help :)

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
Well either way I'm confident that I know enough about the Ottawa Charter and the Jakarta Declaration.

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
ViolentJ said:
Well either way I'm confident that I know enough about the Ottawa Charter and the Jakarta Declaration.
i no iv done enough about the Ottawa... but my teacher and class seems to have neglected the Jakarta Dec!!!

Lucky there has been some good info posted around here. thanks heaps for that who ever has posted... could save me from not gettin a few marks

disco

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
Brad said:
I dont know why Quit for life would help with skin cancer though... unless i am stupid.
quit "going in the sun" for life might be the health promotion... hehe

swap the word skin for lung. that might help ya :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)