Osama approved books now for sale in Aust (1 Viewer)

supercharged

HSC
N/A
"Secret books of hate on sale
July 18, 2005 x

BOOKS endorsed by Osama bin Laden and discussing the effectiveness of suicide bombings are on sale in Australian bookstores - and authorities say they are powerless to act.

While a Muslim community leader today called for the books to be confiscated, the New South Wales Government said it was unable to enforce a ban.
An investigation by Sydney newspaper The Daily Telegraph found the Islamic Bookstore at Lakemba, in Sydney's southwest, carried a book titled Defence of the Muslim Lands, which has an endorsement from Osama bin Laden on the cover.

The book, by Sheikh Abdullah Azzam, discusses the effectiveness of suicide bombings.

"The form this usually takes nowadays is to wire up one's body, or a vehicle or a suitcase with explosives, and then to enter a conglomeration of the enemy and to detonate," the writer states.

Another book by Azzam, Join the Caravan, carries similar themes.

In Auburn, also in Sydney's west, other distressing books were found at the IDCA bookstore and the Islamic Science, Culture and Art Association.

Muslim community spokesman Keysar Trad said he was concerned the books were being sold and feared they were damaging Australians' understanding of Islamic communities.

"For the last several years I've been focusing my efforts on promoting understanding, building bridges and it just takes irresponsible people importing this type of literature and just undermining all the good work that we do," he said on the John Laws radio show.

"This type of literature should really be only there for academic research so we can understand the minds of people who get into this type of militancy so we can counter the militant ideology.

"But they shouldn't be freely available to ordinary people that may be swayed."

Mr Trad said if bookstore owners failed to get rid of the offensive books there was little choice but to send authorities in to confiscate them.

"If they're not wise enough to go through all the material they have on the shelves and assess it and burn the nasties ... if they're not willing to do that then we'll have no option but authorities will have to confiscate such books because it's not acceptable any more with what's happening the world," he said.

"There are people out there who take this message far too seriously and we don't want any literature that can cause violence.

"We would love to remove such literature and make sure it doesn't get into the hands of young people." However, the State Government said NSW law enforcement agencies could not take action against people selling books endorsed by bin Laden because they did not appear to have broken any law.

A spokesman for NSW Attorney-General Bob Debus today said the content of the books did not appear to constitute incitement to violence. "For incitement to occur, violence has to actually take place (as a result of publishing the material)," the spokesman said.

"If the literature is found to contain racial vilification then the laws are there to prosecute.

"If any information or literature results in a violent act that can be proven, then we have laws to prosecute under incitement to violence.

"We take any breach of the law extremely seriously and the threat of terrorism extremely seriously."

People could be prosecuted for racial vilification if a complaint were made against them and the Anti-Discrimination Board recommended pursuing legal action, he said.

But the NSW Government could not ban the books outright, he said.

"Banning that sort of stuff is a federal matter that comes under the classification of material through the Office of Film and Literature Classification," the spokesman said.

The NSW Government could only act against the bookshop or its owners if they had broken the law – and until then, any investigation into the sale of the books was a matter for Australia's intelligence agencies.

Unlike Victoria, NSW does not have religious vilification laws and Premier Bob Carr ruled out introducing them earlier this month.

A spokesman for The Islamic Bookstore at Lakemba today would not to comment on the News Ltd reports it was selling books attacking Western culture and discussing the effectiveness of martyrdom and suicide bombing.

Asked whether the shop intended to continue selling the material, the spokesman said: "We're not talking to any media ... we hope to put out a press release early tomorrow." "

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15965577-2,00.html

Last edited:

tempco

HSC
anti-mathmite said:
I think that these books should be able to be sold, for the simple fact that if a law were to be introduced it would simply read "no extremist literature" not the more appropriate "no Islamic extremist literature"; then where would it stop?

Would you run around to every library and book shop and remove every copy of Mein Kampf.. etc? No, that is not the correct answer. More books would be banned that are useful than not.
why would they legislate the banning of "extremist literature"? that category can be used to cover literature that is obviously acceptable. books on extreme sports, for example. leave the law making/wording to the professionals.

and how about you consider the other end of the spectrum for once - how would you define the degree of "islamic extremism" of such books? for example, capital punishment in islam might be seen as extremism by some. socially acceptable books may be banned out of ignorance.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
What's of more concern is the 'hangout' that the bookstore selling those books seems to have become.

tempco

HSC
anti-mathmite said:
But if you're a girl, take some pepper spray; you wouldn't want to be gang raped by a bunch of people calling you an “Australian pig” or anything.
and if you're a muslim girl visiting on of these notorious areas, make sure you pin your scarfs on tight, and bring along a teaser; you wouldn't want to be physically/verbally assaulted by a bunch of people (not horny teenagers) calling you "terrorist" or "bloody ay-rab" while trying to rip your scarf off.

it's been 5 years. i think it's safe to say that gang raping is a one off event. my scenario is definitely not a one off event.

tempco

HSC
anti-mathmite said:
Only because of the reaction about it. They expected the judge to let them off, like they would have been if they had been in their real countries when they raped someone. In fact, the girls would have been killed in their own countrys, just for being the victim of the rape.
you're hilarious.

anti-mathmite said:
somehow, i think a muslim women would get over having her scarf pulled off a lot quicker than an Australian women who was gang raped.
i wasn't making a comparision between pulling off a scarf and rape.

anti-mathmite said:
The fact that it was a gang, shows that it was not a one off incident, and that the mentality prevails through out the whole society.
bwahahahah!

anti-mathmite said:
The truth was revealed in their comments to their victim.. "Australian pig" And as if that wasn't bad enough, when the media interviewed some islamic worshippers, they were attacked by the apparent worshippers! What kind of people are they?
so, what the rapists said about their rape victim reflects the islamic society's view of rape, and their actions?

as for these "islamic worshippers", the only people who would support the rapists would be their cousins and family members.

anti-mathmite said:
And the muslim girls don't visit these areas, they live in them. And no where else.
i was referring to communities with anglo-saxon majorities, not the same communities you were referring to.

now i understand why asqy refrains from replying to your posts most of the time.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I bring worrying news, in many bookstores across the country is an entire series of books urging the waging of insurgent warfare utilising guerilla tactics against a numerically and technologically superior invasion force. Among tehir extremist pages the books detail the mixture of explosives, and contain a detailed example scenario on their effective use.

If we need more damming evidence, I have it. These books have been endorsed by key members of Australia's communist intelligensia, including ABC supporters and hardcore communist revolutionaries. They contain completely fabricated tales of brutal concentration camps and alarming indications of moral decay. The books are highly nationalistic and xenophobic in nature emphasining the holy nature of the struggle.

I am of course talking about the Tomorrow When the War Began series.

tattoodguy

we think its a huge crime...like these fucking terrorist scum bag countries and their censored media, where they actually believe america orchestrated the 9/11 attacks and london authorities carried out the attacks in london.

We should not be as ignorant and nieve as our enemies - censorship leads to stupidity.

The laws etc your talking about lead to news like al jazeera etc. One sided stories.

If osoma bin laden rights a boook so fucking what...he has a right too.

Boooks are harmlesss.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I have no problem with a book that supports suicide bombers, but if it tells people good ways to perform suicide bombings i'd be against it.

In general however I think it's wrong to "promote" suicide....

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
How is it wrong?

Are you impossing your values on others lol.

More importanty what the hell are you doing up at 4:30?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
addymac said:
How is it wrong?

Are you impossing your values on others lol.

More importanty what the hell are you doing up at 4:30?
Because we're still on holidays :D

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
addymac said:
I bring worrying news, in many bookstores across the country is an entire series of books urging the waging of insurgent warfare utilising guerilla tactics against a numerically and technologically superior invasion force. Among tehir extremist pages the books detail the mixture of explosives, and contain a detailed example scenario on their effective use.

If we need more damming evidence, I have it. These books have been endorsed by key members of Australia's communist intelligensia, including ABC supporters and hardcore communist revolutionaries. They contain completely fabricated tales of brutal concentration camps and alarming indications of moral decay. The books are highly nationalistic and xenophobic in nature emphasining the holy nature of the struggle.

I am of course talking about the Tomorrow When the War Began series.
hahahaha I used to love those books. all the blowing up of things and the sneeking around, they were great :D

tattoodguy

what can u learn from a book about how to be a suicide bomber? its not a difficult concept - put a bomb on yourself and blow urself up. Big shit. And do it in a crowded place.

Anyone with a brain or who has the news knows what to do. So if people want to write books about it so what.

HSC
supercharged said:
"Secret books of hate on sale
July 18, 2005 x

BOOKS endorsed by Osama bin Laden and discussing the effectiveness of suicide bombings are on sale in Australian bookstores - and authorities say they are powerless to act.

While a Muslim community leader today called for the books to be confiscated, the New South Wales Government said it was unable to enforce a ban.
An investigation by Sydney newspaper The Daily Telegraph found the Islamic Bookstore at Lakemba, in Sydney's southwest, carried a book titled Defence of the Muslim Lands, which has an endorsement from Osama bin Laden on the cover.

The book, by Sheikh Abdullah Azzam, discusses the effectiveness of suicide bombings.

"The form this usually takes nowadays is to wire up one's body, or a vehicle or a suitcase with explosives, and then to enter a conglomeration of the enemy and to detonate," the writer states.

Another book by Azzam, Join the Caravan, carries similar themes.

In Auburn, also in Sydney's west, other distressing books were found at the IDCA bookstore and the Islamic Science, Culture and Art Association.

Muslim community spokesman Keysar Trad said he was concerned the books were being sold and feared they were damaging Australians' understanding of Islamic communities.

"For the last several years I've been focusing my efforts on promoting understanding, building bridges and it just takes irresponsible people importing this type of literature and just undermining all the good work that we do," he said on the John Laws radio show.

"This type of literature should really be only there for academic research so we can understand the minds of people who get into this type of militancy so we can counter the militant ideology.

"But they shouldn't be freely available to ordinary people that may be swayed."

Mr Trad said if bookstore owners failed to get rid of the offensive books there was little choice but to send authorities in to confiscate them.

"If they're not wise enough to go through all the material they have on the shelves and assess it and burn the nasties ... if they're not willing to do that then we'll have no option but authorities will have to confiscate such books because it's not acceptable any more with what's happening the world," he said.

"There are people out there who take this message far too seriously and we don't want any literature that can cause violence.

"We would love to remove such literature and make sure it doesn't get into the hands of young people." However, the State Government said NSW law enforcement agencies could not take action against people selling books endorsed by bin Laden because they did not appear to have broken any law.

A spokesman for NSW Attorney-General Bob Debus today said the content of the books did not appear to constitute incitement to violence. "For incitement to occur, violence has to actually take place (as a result of publishing the material)," the spokesman said.

"If the literature is found to contain racial vilification then the laws are there to prosecute.

"If any information or literature results in a violent act that can be proven, then we have laws to prosecute under incitement to violence.

"We take any breach of the law extremely seriously and the threat of terrorism extremely seriously."

People could be prosecuted for racial vilification if a complaint were made against them and the Anti-Discrimination Board recommended pursuing legal action, he said.

But the NSW Government could not ban the books outright, he said.

"Banning that sort of stuff is a federal matter that comes under the classification of material through the Office of Film and Literature Classification," the spokesman said.

The NSW Government could only act against the bookshop or its owners if they had broken the law – and until then, any investigation into the sale of the books was a matter for Australia's intelligence agencies.

Unlike Victoria, NSW does not have religious vilification laws and Premier Bob Carr ruled out introducing them earlier this month.

A spokesman for The Islamic Bookstore at Lakemba today would not to comment on the News Ltd reports it was selling books attacking Western culture and discussing the effectiveness of martyrdom and suicide bombing.

Asked whether the shop intended to continue selling the material, the spokesman said: "We're not talking to any media ... we hope to put out a press release early tomorrow." "

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15965577-2,00.html

thats just sick, i hope he dies very soon

shady_03

Sue me....
HSC
it takes 1 person 1 opportunity to buy 1 book and make 1 decision and make 1 bomb and get on 1 train and kill 1000 ppl

They can ban p platers from drivin a v6 but not a book which encourages suicide bombings? get the fuk outta here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)