• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Orphan Black and Brave New World (MOD C Adv English)??? (1 Viewer)

animewolf

HSC
Has anyone seen Orphan Black?? If so, what episode is best to write about for people and politics? I need something that focuses on identity and totalitarianism/higher forces. I would watch the series, but I don't have the time. THIS IS REALLY URGENT!!

Thanks! :lol:

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
I haven't seen it. But I am doing BNW too - is Ophan Black the only related you want/can do?

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Watch V for Vendetta or the Giver or Snowpiercer

All good texts about some sort of totalitarianism. I did V for Vendetta for my speech but didn't have to relate to it, but you can.

There's quite a bit of resources on the topics of VfV, not so much the educational side i.e. techniques and stuff.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
If you're really adamant on doing Orphan Black, just look up themes and techniques, and watch clips of scenes that are important than having to watch the episode.

animewolf

HSC
Personally, I think it is a good piece to do for people and politics, its a contemporary appropriation of BNW with aspects of our modern society, I feel like I could write something good if I make my ideas clear. I don't have to do Orphan Black but I know markers don't like it if I go for something mainstream (e.g. clockwork orange) so thats why I chose it- no one I know is doing it.

animewolf

HSC
V for Vendetta is overdone at my school unfortunately... my teacher wanted me to go for something that is not overused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)