Orientation (1 Viewer)

alfonso22

HSC
im a new student starting in 2008 and just wondering what day we are meant to go to during this oreientation for new students..not the 25th..the week before.

i am doing a BA/ DIP ED and am double majoring in history and geography and i am enrolled in the humanities..

do i go to the ACES day of humanities?

HSC
even though i'm pretty sure i'll go to mine, i'll just ask anyway:

is orientation worth going to?

williamc

HSC
AsyLum said:
Yes, yes it is.

he is bias coz he is one of the group leaders or some shizza like that.

I will go if i dont have anything else on.

sif you are that retarded to which you can't make friends at uni and you need some group shit to help you rof.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
williamc said:
he is bias coz he is one of the group leaders or some shizza like that.

I will go if i dont have anything else on.

sif you are that retarded to which you can't make friends at uni and you need some group shit to help you rof.
Well I'll advice you that you don't come with that attitude then, cos frankly we don't need to put up with dipshits like you :)

Obviously you've already won at life, not sure what the fuck you're even doing at uni.

:ninja:

williamc

HSC
AsyLum said:
Well I'll advice you that you don't come with that attitude then, cos frankly we don't need to put up with dipshits like you :)

Obviously you've already won at life, not sure what the fuck you're even doing at uni.

:ninja:
fight?:p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Yeah it is quite early...but spare a thought for us, we have to be there around 8.00 :(

williamc

HSC
The international orientation day was today.

went in for a casual coffee with the international students.

Although, one rude bastard ignored me when i said hey.

HSC
N/A
chocolatecookie said:
even though i'm pretty sure i'll go to mine, i'll just ask anyway:

is orientation worth going to?
Yes it is, absolutely.

Academic Orientaion Day is an excellent way to be introduced to your lecturers, peers, and many of the support services available on campus such as Writing Skills. There will be presentations on Time Management, study skills and how to use some of the online units (an absolute must for MQ students). You'll also be assigned to a Mentor, who is an existing student doing your degree. This mentor will take you on a tour around campus, introduce you to a peer group of other first years doing your degree, and will keep in email contact with you the first few weeks to make sure you're settling in ok. We'll also provide you with morning tea and a free lunch :)

By all means though, it's not compulsary, and if people feel that they really have no need to attend Academic Orientation Day they don't have to. But for others who would like a helping hand in making sure that they start semester having met a few new classmates and knowing a bit more about the university and university life, they are heartily welcomed :)

ippie

HSC
glitterfairy said:
Yes it is, absolutely.

By all means though, it's not compulsary, and if people feel that they really have no need to attend Academic Orientation Day they don't have to. But for others who would like a helping hand in making sure that they start semester having met a few new classmates and knowing a bit more about the university and university life, they are heartily welcomed :)

Well, it sounds pretty good, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to go (Unless they're not available or something). I'm going lol.

Leggs

HSC
I get the feeling this has been asked, but I'm so incredibly tired that I can't be arsed to find out where...If we can't go on our faculty day is it worth going on another day? Or not really...because most of the things seem to have to do with the faculty you're going in to.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Leggs said:
I get the feeling this has been asked, but I'm so incredibly tired that I can't be arsed to find out where...If we can't go on our faculty day is it worth going on another day? Or not really...because most of the things seem to have to do with the faculty you're going in to.
Well we try and group them into faculties because it helps to get to know people who are going to be in your degree, and as such its easier to have a single 'focus' rather than have a bunch ofthem.

Having said that, the majority of the day can still be beneficial, you'll just be making friends with people outside your degree (so you can find people to drink with at the bar!).

Which degree are you doing, there might be a 'similar' day for you to sneak into on another day

Leggs

HSC
AsyLum said:
Well we try and group them into faculties because it helps to get to know people who are going to be in your degree, and as such its easier to have a single 'focus' rather than have a bunch ofthem.

Having said that, the majority of the day can still be beneficial, you'll just be making friends with people outside your degree (so you can find people to drink with at the bar!).

Which degree are you doing, there might be a 'similar' day for you to sneak into on another day
I am Environmental and Life Sciences...but it's looking like I might be ok to go tomorrow haha. Kind of excited about it...little bit

HSC
N/A
There are some really awesome ELS mentors this year - you should have a great time :)

There are also a bunch of awesome new entertainment segments this year, so it will also be entertaining! :D

HSC
i have my orientation thing tomorrow and just wanted to ask a question:
on the maq website, it just says the building we're meant to go to without any further instructions... building W5B or something... so, i just turn up there right? and then i'll be told what to do from there? is it a big building? :eek:

Kegs

HSC
Yeah, just rock on in and look for the really big arse building in front of the library. There will be people in yellow shirts everywhere, theoretically. Tell them your degree and they should point you in the right direction.

Have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)