Orientation day (1 Viewer)

shaneuko

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately, I will be oversea while the orientation day for engineering hold in 21st feb. Is that fine?.. I mean if I can't attend the orientation. :(

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Can you go to the Engineering/IT camp? The camp covers pretty much everything in orientation week and it's reccomended you don't go to the orientation stuff (besides fun ones ofcourse) if you go camp. Either way, it will be fine if you dont attend either as you wont miss anything extremely important - the good part about camp is meeting new people.

shaneuko

HSC
N/A
Can you go to the Engineering/IT camp? The camp covers pretty much everything in orientation week and it's reccomended you don't go to the orientation stuff (besides fun ones ofcourse) if you go camp. Either way, it will be fine if you dont attend either as you wont miss anything extremely important - the good part about camp is meeting new people.
:) thanks so much for ur response. I will see and try to attend. I do think that in Engineering/IT course. There is no doubt that much more boys than girls, right? Lol, just joking.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yes, there is lol. The girl to guy ratio is better in IT than engineering though. Don't worry though - it's not like there are no girls. I'd say civil has the higher amount of girls followed by ICT compared to the other majors.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
What happens on the day that O-camp starts?

shaneuko

HSC
N/A
in this moment. i am planning my timetable. do we need to plan for both semesters. or now just do the autumn one is fine?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
in this moment. i am planning my timetable. do we need to plan for both semesters. or now just do the autumn one is fine?
Enrol for both semesters but you dont neccesarily NEED the spring time table yet. But it's good to do it early so you dont miss out on any good times.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Enrol for both semesters but you dont neccesarily NEED the spring time table yet. But it's good to do it early so you dont miss out on any good times.
Do you have to enroll for spring or can you just do autumn?

Newbit

HSC
Wait.. is the IT/Engineering camp compulsory? I just read the FAQ and it says that it is compulsory for all recent school leavers doing a IT/Engineering degree to attend.

shaneuko

HSC
N/A
yep, that's what i trying to do now. and is another question come out. once we finish our timetable, as i said above. i probably cant attend the O week and camp. so i just go in to the first class i have in the timetable like in 25th of feb? hope i make sense

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Do you have to enroll for spring or can you just do autumn?
Not 100% sure, they will ring you up or email you if there is a problem though.

Wait.. is the IT/Engineering camp compulsory? I just read the FAQ and it says that it is compulsory for all recent school leavers doing a IT/Engineering degree to attend.
They say that, but it's not true. They just want you to go because they cover a lot of commonly asked questions there and you learn a bit about everything and, most importantly, you make friends in your course.

yep, that's what i trying to do now. and is another question come out. once we finish our timetable, as i said above. i probably cant attend the O week and camp. so i just go in to the first class i have in the timetable like in 25th of feb? hope i make sense
Pretty much, i dont know what your first class/lecture will be but mine was Engineering Communication lecture and i just walked in the building like 20 minutes early and it was full of first year Eng students waiting lol so i just went and found my friends from camp and school. Just make sure whatever you rock up to does have a class that week! Most tutes or practical stuff doesn't run in the first week. So you definitely cant attend any orientation stuff?

shaneuko

HSC
N/A
yep , coz i will return from oversea probably on 22nd, feb. :(

shaneuko

HSC
N/A
Finally finish timetable...Is there anything I need to do now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)