orientation camp? (1 Viewer)

Timmay

HSC
what do you actually do? cos the way im looking at it, it could be really gay or really good and not much in between... any thoughts on previous camps?

pc_wizz

ρ s y c н o ρ α τ н ™
HSC
wheres the info for the camp?

=)

MoNNiE

HSC
'yes' -- well its not compulsory to go.. but they do advise you to attend..

from me.. to you, i say go to the camp..its the best way to meet friends, though the accomodation and food was dodgy -- suggestion... bring junk along with you!

mjlucas

HSC
O-Camp

The camp is what you make it. Some of my best friends at uni are still the ones I met during o-camp.

For all of you starting Engineering, you will be receiving a letter in the mail in the next 2 week giving you all the information you need (including which camp you are going on)

For now, information will be posted on the O-Camp Website as we receive it. If you want more information, fill out the contact form on the site.

MoNNiE - Which camp were you on?

- Jimmy James
O-Camp Coordinator

MoNNiE

HSC
mjlucas said:
The camp is what you make it. Some of my best friends at uni are still the ones I met during o-camp.

For all of you starting Engineering, you will be receiving a letter in the mail in the next 2 week giving you all the information you need (including which camp you are going on)

For now, information will be posted on the O-Camp Website as we receive it. If you want more information, fill out the contact form on the site.

MoNNiE - Which camp were you on?

- Jimmy James
O-Camp Coordinator
Hello Jimmy,

i was on camp 2 last year

mjlucas

HSC
Last Camp

Hello Jimmy,

i was on camp 2 last year
How did you find it? This year has a lot of changes to the tuesday entertainment (Alcohol will be served to over 18's). Minor changes to the food (new supplier... so tastier meat/salads).

Here's hoping for sun all week long

- Jimmy

Timmay

HSC
do you get to pick which camp you go on or are you assigned?

meh, i think it will be pretty good but ive done a lot of those "team building" activities and it usually involves one person giving everyone else a headache

mjlucas

HSC
hmmm ok ill have to figure out which one im gunna go on *sigh* if only i was 18
You'll be sent a letter in the next 2 weeks, it will tell you which camp you are going on. It's allocated randomly. We can change it due to work etc.

I was 17 when I went on camp, wasn't that bad.

- Jimmy

mjlucas

HSC
Timmay said:
do you get to pick which camp you go on or are you assigned?

meh, i think it will be pretty good but ive done a lot of those "team building" activities and it usually involves one person giving everyone else a headache
It's not as bad as that. The camp has been running for 14 years now and most of the stuff is interesting and relevant to first years.

All of the helpers are volunteers (no pay) from 2nd to 5th year, they all once went on a camp so know what it's like for the new students.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
The camp is more about meeting new people anyways and making new friends, even more than developing your team building skills. I'm sure it'll be fun!, though I don't know much about what happens at the Engineering one.

Chand

Reflect the lights
HSC
MoNNiE said:
from me.. to you, i say go to the camp..its the best way to meet friends, though the accomodation and food was dodgy -- suggestion... bring junk along with you!
I agree with MoNNiE. It makes your first days of uni more easier 'cause you know some of the people you've met through camp. As for the activities, some were interesting to say the least and some were fun. Its not really team building activities even though there are, but more emphasised to meet and getting to know people.

shArkEe

does all the engineering ppl go to same camp? like do civil electrical and mechanical students go to same camp or does each one have their own seperate camp ?

shArkEe

hey i just got my mail, apparently your not allowed to choose wat camp cause in the letter they told me im going to the 23rd-25th one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)