Orientaion program (1 Viewer)

tommytomickey

HSC
Hi, just got a offer form UTS. There is a Orientaion program list on my offer and it says must attend, but some of my friends says I don't need to go. Is that true? I am going to have a holiday on that week so is that okey if I don't attend?
thanks.

tommytomickey

HSC
the enrolment period and the orientation program are on the same days :11-22 Feb. and class starts on 25 Feb.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Musk said:
Enrollment day is the most important day, you MUST attend it at all costs
And that applies to all unis; not just UTS, though policy probably varies. The point of the orientation program is to introdue you to university as it's a major lifestyle change, even if you're simply a day student. Forgive the poor analogy, but it's like breaking in a race horse. You need to get used to thinking for yourselves so much more than when in school and you need to do it quickly. If you fall behind, you'll be forced to play catch-up from Day One, so you'll basically be running to stand still. I've seen people do just that and believe me, it's not a position you want to be in. It doesn't matter which uni it is, orientation is there for a reason. You'd be mad not to take it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)