organisation (1 Viewer)

mat!!!

HSC
my aim for this first year semester as a newbie is to carry on my high school habits of creating notes every night/week from my lecture n tuts (per subject) but im confused as to the stationary i need to go about this in uni.

im thinking for lectures- take the printouts to the lecture and write additional notes next to each slide when necessary.
These printouts will be sorted in 1 clip folder for all lectures ie. 'Anatomy' notes then colour divider then 'population health notes', colour divider etcc

however im still confused as to how tutorials/pracs work so i dnt know if i should then take separate exercise books for the tuts..

anyway i plan on then summarising the printouts,additional notes and relevant text book info from both tuts and lectures into separate exercise books for each subject

witide

HSC
My mind just asploded. I just use a big exercise book already divided into 4 sections, or 4 separate books.

kim3478

HSC
I'm using two A4 Colour Hide notebooks which are double-sided. It's 300 pages and basically you just flip it over to use the other side, so it's a two subject thingy book.
I bought two 'cause I have 4 units, and on the days where I have two different subjects, I just use the one book 'cause my timetable worked out brilliantly.
And that is just for lectures/tutorials..

For notes for studying I think I'd prefer to either record them or use a binder folder and loose leaf lined paper.

bregitta

Red is for Rad
HSC
I print all of my lecture notes and keep them in one of those books full of plastic sleeves. I have one book for each subject so I don't get confused. During lectures I highlight the important bits and write notes down the sides etc (this is also useful when going over stuff before exams and realising which lectures I didn't attend)

For labs/tutes/revision I have a 5section spiral notebook. Each section has one subject devoted to it. But I tend to write heaps in it the first few weeks of uni then just give up.

Lydia_88

HSC
5 spiral section for my notes

a4 plastic sleeve binder to put extra material in :)

RDX

one8seven
HSC
Uni Grad
My mind just asploded. I just use a big exercise book already divided into 4 sections, or 4 separate books.
I get them 5 subject note books, 1 for each subject and 1 left over for just general working out space or whatever

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
What i do is have a 4 subject colourhide notebook, one section for each, and put my lecture notes for each week in the relevent pockets. I then have a display book for each subject which the notes get sorted into with 1 or two plastic sleeves per a week. Then when i am studying i just type up notes or handwrite them and put them in folders.

roookie

HSC
ok this thread is really scary :uhoh::uhoh:

c'mon isn't uni meant to be all play no work? :( :(

spence

HSC
I find 5 subject ones annoying, cause they only have 50 pages per subject, which is always just short of enough for me. This sem, I've got a 3 subject one, and one seperate. Although I'm probably going to drop down to 3 subjects

HSC
I've got a 4 subject notebook, with a display folder for each unit for lecture slides/other handouts.

Though I'm probably going to take my laptop for lectures some days. I swear the amount of Arts students with laptops has doubled compared to last year (well my observation anyway).

dawdlex3

HSC
Make sure you use the most time effective and simplest way to organise your notes, because once you get past week 3 or 4 it's easy to get lazy with note taking.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
Something I have found also works is a folder and dividers, just hole punch your lecture notes, and put them in the relevent sections. I don't like that i have to carry the folder around though.

audioxdoll

HSC
What i did for the hsc was only use one notebook and then when i got home i would divide all my work into a seperate folder for each subject. This meant only one book to carry around all day and a way of looking over work and remembering what i did when i organised my notes.
I will probably do this with uni as well. Although i do have one of those 4 subject books for tutorials but i only use one note book for all my lectures.

Lou283

HSC
I bought a 4 subject notebook but they are quite heavy compared to a normal notepad. I have now just got a normal A4 notepad and what I do is I print off the lecture notes and take them along, and if they say something specific about a word or term on the slides or something I write it on the printout. If it's additional infomration I write it in my notepad. Then in my 'study' times I then type up my hand written notes so that I understand what I wrote and refer it back to my print out - this way when I have studying for exams it all makes sense.

When all thats done I then file it in one plastic sleeve - one side has lecture stuff and then when you turn the page the other side has the tutorial stuff showing that corresponds to that weeks lecture topic. I have a seperate folder for each unit and its not a hardback folder coz they are annoying to carry - its one of the plastic covered ones that don't take up as much room. On the days I have that unit I can then just take the folders I need and all the info is there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)