Organisation tips (1 Viewer)

Xnjks

HSC
I’m heading into year 11 in 2020 and I am unsure of how to organise myself. I am doing advanced English, sor 2, cafs, advanced maths, chem and bio.
I know everyone says each to their own for note taking systems but I am interested in how you guys organised yourselves.
I know that typing notes is faster but for subjects like chem and bio is it easier to write them. I know for my other subjects that I will be typing them so that I can easily add in research but should I still keep binders for them.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
I honestly didn't take that many notes - it just depends most on how you study best. I find that for me, only writing the most essential parts that I'm bound to forget helped me, whereas some people want to type up the entire class.

Try not to stress too much about details like how you'll take notes - just do whatever works best for you :) If you're not sure, try out different things and stick with what you like.

vinlatte

HSC
I’m heading into year 11 in 2020 and I am unsure of how to organise myself. I am doing advanced English, sor 2, cafs, advanced maths, chem and bio.
I know everyone says each to their own for note taking systems but I am interested in how you guys organised yourselves.
I know that typing notes is faster but for subjects like chem and bio is it easier to write them. I know for my other subjects that I will be typing them so that I can easily add in research but should I still keep binders for them.
I had a binder for my math subjects. I attached a spiral bound book at the back so I can use it like loose leaf paper. It's easier for me to separate theory notes from exercises so I can locate notes quickly. I did have a binder for my other subjects but I never really used it because the teachers prefer Google Classroom and online research. But any subject with worksheets, use a binder or folder.

Revision notes for exams are the most important notes. Writing them concisely with coloured key words help with memorisation. So I would have messy notes from class and consolidate my notes at home. It took me a while to adopt a note taking system, but it is very helpful.

You're developing great habits by looking into organisation, just note that you can always change your note taking style if it doesn't fit with your studying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)