Options: Communication (1 Viewer)

allyse053

HSC
was easier than i thought.

bullshitted my way through the qu about colour and communication in animals.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
yeah i reckon communication was easier than other years

there was no cataracts or hearing aids or heaps of secondary investigation ones...so it wasnt bad

starrysky

HSC
allyse053 said:
was easier than i thought.

bullshitted my way through the qu about colour and communication in animals.
Same. Wrote quite a bit for it. And bullshitted the 7-mark one, although in retrospect, I probably should've just not blown up all the facts and whatever.

It was generally easier than I thought - nothing that I didn't expect.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
so wat did you put for the 7 marker?? what was the content of your answer?

diba

hmm
HSC
that stupid question about colour vision use in animals -_-

otherwise i guess it was pretty easy compared to the previous years

allyse053

HSC
Buiboi said:
so wat did you put for the 7 marker?? what was the content of your answer?

i said that the vocal cords in the voice box (pharynx), vibrated to make sound.. sound is detected by organ of corti, and percieved by nerve that connects to brain. but i wrote that over a page and a bit.. thats the gist of it.

starrysky

HSC
allyse053 said:
i said that the vocal cords in the voice box (pharynx), vibrated to make sound.. sound is detected by organ of corti, and percieved by nerve that connects to brain. but i wrote that over a page and a bit.. thats the gist of it.
That's what I did too - outlined the main structures of the ear and such. Somehow I managed to work in something about sound shadow and the versatility of sound just to bullcrap it even more.

:)

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
ohhh yeah sound shadow...didnt think of that one
i just mentioned of the ear, inner middle and outer---organ of corti and how the membranes work and the different frequencies it picks up

then the larynx vocal cords and all the other structures

then the last bit fo the question i related to the temporal lobe of the cerebrum, the broca and wernickes area

starrysky

HSC
Buiboi said:
ohhh yeah sound shadow...didnt think of that one
i just mentioned of the ear, inner middle and outer---organ of corti and how the membranes work and the different frequencies it picks up

then the larynx vocal cords and all the other structures

then the last bit fo the question i related to the temporal lobe of the cerebrum, the broca and wernickes area
Damn I should've done that. Didn't think of the lobe ... ah well.

integrity012

HSC
what did you guys write for

(b)?

i don't think we did an experiment because lack of time towards the end of the year...

samponian

HSC
7 marker - talked under 3 headings,

Production - Larynx, use of lips and tongue to mould sounds, diaphragm muscle and modulation of amplitude and pitch for alternate communication reasons + diagram of windpipe and larynx

Reception - run through of sound being funnelled into ear from outer, ear drum, hamer anvil stirrup, oval window, organ of corti - sound to chemical to electric pulses + diagram of ear form outer to corti.

Perception - Description of cerebrum location where hearing is found + diagram of brain. how the electric pulses are recieved and translated to form meaning in communication.

pretty happy bout it..anything u reckon i might have missed?

allyse053

HSC
integrity012 said:
what did you guys write for

(b)?

i don't think we did an experiment because lack of time towards the end of the year...
was that the brain one? dissection..

Buiboi

HSC
N/A
allyse053 said:
was that the brain one? dissection..
yeah i had to make that up because i didnt do the dissection at the end of the year
but...i suggested the secondary investigation? went to the library and gained resources blah blah and after all the theory was obtained, itw as put to practice as the dissection took place?

starrysky

HSC
Buiboi said:
yeah i had to make that up because i didnt do the dissection at the end of the year
but...i suggested the secondary investigation? went to the library and gained resources blah blah and after all the theory was obtained, itw as put to practice as the dissection took place?
That's what I wrote too. Observations compared with existing secondary sources to extend the reliability of the information from the dissection. I bullshitted part a) and just said observations of the lobes firstly without dissecting it, then slicing it once longitudinally or something into the hemisphere's or some crap.

Bleh.

Anonymous1

HSC
Was pretty happy with the section, despite my poor attempt at the brain disection one. Didn't exactly know the names of the areas of the brain involved in sight, hearing, etc. Basically, just knew the outer surface that I could identify - Cerebrum - Cerellebum - Medulla Oblongata and made some crap about checking if this was correct with the textbook - drew a diagram - made incision - blah.. chucked in a few safety procedures ... didn't really answer the question.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)