Opinions please :) (1 Viewer)

HSC
Despite not getting the UAI required to get into a law degree, I still want to be able to complete university WITH a law degree and I know there are ways to achieve this - namely, transferring.

I got accepted/offers to: B Socio-Legal Studies & B Liberal Studies (both at USyd). Now, enrolment day for Liberal Studies is tomorrow so I don't have much time.

I would like to know which course would allow for an "easier" transfer to law? It doesn't have to be law at USyd though since it's quite competitive.

On the site, they say that a B Liberal Studies would allow for study of graduate law.

Thanks in advance :)

lou071

HSC
N/A
Despite not getting the UAI required to get into a law degree, I still want to be able to complete university WITH a law degree and I know there are ways to achieve this - namely, transferring.

I got accepted/offers to: B Socio-Legal Studies & B Liberal Studies (both at USyd). Now, enrolment day for Liberal Studies is tomorrow so I don't have much time.

I would like to know which course would allow for an "easier" transfer to law? It doesn't have to be law at USyd though since it's quite competitive.

On the site, they say that a B Liberal Studies would allow for study of graduate law.

if you want to graduate with law degree and want to transfer to law degree after the first year, it is good to get D average apparently. so if i were you, i would do the degree which it is less hard to get D, so i would do B Liberal Studies. but it is seriously up to you to choose what course you want to do for first year.:)

lionking1191

HSC
dont USYD have some new internal transfer policy now?

spence

HSC

It depends on what interests you, as to get into law you need good results, and you're only likely to get good results in what interests you most.
Liberal Studies is no better than any other for grad law, as it is based on UAI and tertiary results, regardless of what degree you did.
If you are going for grad entry, Socio-Legal may be better as its only 3 years, allowing you to get into law quicker. For transferring, Liberal Studies may be better, as it leads easily into Arts/Law or Sci/Law, whereas Socio-Legal can't be combined with law

HSC
lou said:
really? never heard of... do you know what it is?
Higher of UAI or GPA

Edit: read it on bos somewhere, not quite sure on the details or even whether if it's correct

wil123

HSC
dont USYD have some new internal transfer policy now?
You mean UNSW. This is the first year whereby if you get a UAI of 95+ and a 75 WAM in a non-law course in the first year, they guarantee you a position in combined law second year. They no longer go through UAC. Only if you don't meet these requirements, you've gotta try your luck like everyone else through UAC.

HSC
You mean UNSW. This is the first year whereby if you get a UAI of 95+ and a 75 WAM in a non-law course in the first year, they guarantee you a position in combined law second year. They no longer go through UAC. Only if you don't meet these requirements, you've gotta try your luck like everyone else through UAC.
Law @ UNSW is still 50/50 UAI/GPA afaik
Edit: Though some other courses are the better of your UAI or GPA

New USyd law shit How to apply for the Sydney LLB - Local students - Future students - The University of Sydney

Last edited:

adnan91

HSC
wat about transfering into medicine 2nd year? at usyd or unsw

im enrolled eng/commerce at usyd with uai: 95.25

arjungamer123

HSC
Why would you do eng/comm if you wanted to do med? You should've done B Health Sciences or BSc instead adnan91.

Do Liberal Studies. Much greater depth of the degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)