Opinions on Acceleration? (1 Viewer)

FridgeBoy

HSC
I am currently in year 10, approaching subject selection and have stumbled across the idea of acceleration. I had a few questions about it and would appreciate any ideas or comments.

1. What was your overall experience like? Was it worthwhile? Did you enjoy it? Was it difficult?
2. How much harder is accelerated work as opposed to the normal prelim course? I am thinking about accelerating maths but is it worthwhile if I'm doing extension?
3. What is timetabling/logistics like? Are you in separate classes or do you join with older years etc.
4. What are the general rules around assessment tasks and exams? Do you simply do harder exams?
5. Could you explain the accumulation of marks works?

I would greatly appreciate any feedback to some or all of the questions. Any other advice or experiences would be greatly received.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
Don't year 10 generally start accelerated at the beginning of the year?

blackbird_14

HSC
Don't year 10 generally start accelerated at the beginning of the year?
Yeah that what I thought, or they start before year 11 (like in year 9 or 10).
If you are accelerating in year 11 that would be ridulous. How would you cover two years of content in one year? :O

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
bro i think you're too late to accelerate, the teachers would've given you the notice at the end of yr 9 if you were legible. But i'm going to answer your questions anyway.
1. Hell yea, if it wasn't for accelerated class, would've failed maths big time in year 12 and i picked up some study habits along the way.
2. You're just accelerating, like you're doing the same work and assessments as your year above. you're doing yr 11 prelim in yr 10 and hsc in yr 11.
3. Dunno about other schools, we just had maths when the rest of the same year who are not accelerated has maths. We had extra classes offline too. The accelerated classes don't have classes with the year above. (that's just my school). My year has 2 accelerated classes lol too many asians smashin the tests
4. Refer to 2
5. lol someone else can answer that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)