Opinion: PE not a subject (1 Viewer)

Cab31

HSC
i just felt like voicing my opinion on many people telling me recently that they didnt consider PDHPE to be a subject. EXCUSE ME??? i would really like to let everyone know that PDHPE is not only a subject but also a science. i mean, its sports science, and in the ever growing field of athletes wishing to reach higher and previously unaccomplished levels, sports science can be more important than many of the other sciences.
Not only that, but by actively educating students about health promotion, we become more aware as a public in regards to the government initiatives that will lead to longer life spans and less premature deaths. There is all this stuff about how chemistry is so important because it will lead to cures to illnesses and things. im not disagreeing with that, but i want people to realise that Australians die from largely preventable diseases - that dont need cures, they need prevention. and hence, PD is extremely important and DEFINITELY a subject of note.
so next time some one is sitting on their damn chemistry and four unit maths float, perhaps we should remind them what life is really about - and which subject teaches us the most about our life, the human body and the way we can gethe most out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
Well said Cab31. People have said the same thing to me. PDHPE is a great subject but its not easy. If you want good marks you have to work hard to get them.

ViolentJ

Uncle Banger
HSC
I feel like an abassador for pdhpe. I always promote it and when younger people including my younger bro ask me what to study in their senior years, i always say pe. It was the best subject, I loved it. My favourite part was learning all the names of the muscles, tendons, ligaments etc and I always speak in that mumbo jumbo to confuse people hehe. Makes me feel smart. People don't understand me so when people say pe is too easy, they are wrong.

Crowie

HSC
N/A
i fink PD in senior school is one of the harder courses avaliable there is barely any common knowledge, it is all facts and they dont take bullshit in answers if u dont no ur shit in pd ur screwd and its not like its a small course either the syllabus is huge for the whole course there are so many notes
but i love pd just starting in yr 12 now and its awesome because you can relate so much of the stuff you learn to your life after you leave school
so those people who dout pd as a subject i say good luck with life and try and stay healthy without knowing about your body and health

aimstar555

HSC
i agree with crowie, (with the comment about relation to concepts later on in life) i would've NEVER considered taking a 1st aid course, but afta i did it in year 11 as one of my options, i'm HELL GALD i did.
to consider PD NOT a subject is dead set stupid. i started PD in year 11 thinking i would drop it instead of dance. i dropped dance because pd was soon my favorite subject (apart from music). it was really tough but i loved every class and managed to get 82 as my final mark, in a subject i nearly didn't do for my hsc.

while i'm hear can i say thanks to withoutwings and EVERYONE that contributed to this forum, you guys were SO helpful. hope youse all havin a great christmas and i happy new years. peace out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)