Opeth Australian Tour 2008 (1 Viewer)

BeyondDeath

HSC
Opeth reach Watershed moment in Australia.

Opeth exist in a genre of one…

The forward-thinking Swedish titans, who seamlessly and fluidly combine metal, classic rock, prog, folk and free form jazz, continue the time-honored Opeth tradition on ‘Watershed’, their ninth album.

‘Watershed’ picks up where 2005’s flawless ‘Ghost Reveries’ left off, beginning contemplatively before erupting into full-bore chaos. The band are also bolstered by the addition of some new membership. Drummer Martin Axenrot and new guitarist Fredrik Åkesson, formerly of Arch Enemy.

‘Watershed’ was recorded in the band’s native Sweden and was produced by Åkerfeldt and Jens Bogren who stamp the undeniable Opeth sound on every note.

Opeth will continue to hold the mantle of the most innovative, creative and revered heavy artist of recent times with the release of 'Watershed'...an album no doubt poised to extend their reputation as masters in the genre.

So what could possibly add to the excitement of the release of ‘Watershed’ on May 31st…?

…After a sold out run of shows in April 2006, Opeth announce that they will once again tread the boards of our nation’s venues, with the ‘Watershed’ tour this September.

PRESENTED BY: SCORPION ENTERTAINMENT, triple j’s (FULL METAL RACKET) & STREET PRESS AUSTRALIA

Tickets for all dates on sale Fri May 16

SEPTEMBER 2008

Tuesday 2nd - PERTH, METRO CITY.
Tickets available at : www.heatseeker.com.au & mills, star surf, planet & beat

Thursday 4th - ADELAIDE, THEBARTON THEATRE (LIC/AA)
Tickets at : www.venuetix.com.au or ph 8225 8888

Friday 5th - MELBOURNE, PALACE THEATRE
Tickets available at : www.ticketek.com.au or ph 132 849

Saturday 6th - SYDNEY, THE BIG TOP (LIC/AA)
Tickets available a t: www.ticketek.com.au & ph 132 849Big Top Box Office www.bigtopsydney.com.au & ph 1300 BIG TOP or www.custommade.com.au & ph 1300 762 545 http://www.bigtopsydney.com/Opeth_2008.html

Sunday 7th - BRISBANE, THE ARENA (LIC/AA)
Tickets available at : www.ticketek.com.au or 132 849 & www.oztix.com.au

Mumma

HSC
I'm there.

omgomgomggmgomgogmgomgomom

Last edited:

SiN3m

HSC
man dat's awsome at the Big Top too! damn stupid HSC gonna stop me from going...

oh yeah and my mum's rule for only one concert per year...

Mumma

HSC
SiN3m said:
man dat's awsome at the Big Top too! damn stupid HSC gonna stop me from going...

what the fuck man? comon, its opeth, fight for it. i went to gigantour right in the middle of my uni exams last year

SiN3m

HSC
Mumma said:
what the fuck man? comon, its opeth, fight for it. i went to gigantour right in the middle of my uni exams last year

if i had any chance i would...u have NO idea how long it took me to get the ability to go see HIM this year and there were'nt any exams!

all.time.fiend

WANT SOME FRIES
HSC
SiN3m said:

what a shit rule!

SiN3m

HSC
all.time.fiend said:
what a shit rule!
if i give you a list of all the stuff like that in my life the only words to come out of your mouth would be 'that's bull shit'

Last edited:

BeyondDeath

HSC
So who here has actually downloaded the leak and heard the new album? C'mon 'fess up.

all.time.fiend

WANT SOME FRIES
HSC
SiN3m said:
if i give you a list of all the stuff like that in my life the only words to come out of your mouth would be 'that's bull shit'
i hope for your sake that maybe one day, when you get married you'll be allowed to go to 2 shows a year

Kmara2nv

HSC
BeyondDeath said:
So who here has actually downloaded the leak and heard the new album? C'mon 'fess up.
it is a reallly gooood album absolutley love it but i dont think its better then ghost reveries, ghost reveries is ma fv out of all there albums :D

SiN3m

HSC
all.time.fiend said:
i hope for your sake that maybe one day, when you get married you'll be allowed to go to 2 shows a year
nah aint gonna wiat till im married but as long as im under 18 what the rentz say goes i guess...

SiN3m

HSC
HIM as at the Big Top and i ddnt mind it...what would you say would b a better place?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I'm so there. I don't mind the Big Top, although the last time I went to a concert there they were doing trackwork so they had buses replacing trains...and it was chaos.

Also, Sin3m, stand up for yourself. If you don't learn to assert your authority you're gonna end up with some guy who beats you and you'll take it because he says it's ok. And to that Australia Says No.

SiN3m

HSC
Dumsum said:
I'm so there. I don't mind the Big Top, although the last time I went to a concert there they were doing trackwork so they had buses replacing trains...and it was chaos.

Also, Sin3m, stand up for yourself. If you don't learn to assert your authority you're gonna end up with some guy who beats you and you'll take it because he says it's ok. And to that Australia Says No.
lol it's not that i dnt say no, but it IS around trials and stuff, im not desperate to see opeth since i DID see HIM this year and also i COULD go see them another time. Altohugh i wish i could go, it's the end of the world...

beleive me, im not the type to stand down and let someone tramp over me, but in this case, im content

HSC
i'll be at the melbourne sydney and brisbane shows :D

i also went to melbourne and sydney for porcupine tree, anyone go to that recently?

ps i hate the big top, one of the worst venues i rekon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)