Opeth anyone? (1 Viewer)

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
Yeh i'm a great lover of Opeth, just wondering if anyone else is. Still Life is still one of my most loved albums, and what do you think about Watershed? Its great, but i don't think its better then some of their past albums.

lolokay

HSC
I was a bigger fan of them a couple years ago, but I got a bit bored of them since then

still, I'm gonna go see them in september

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
lolokay said:
I was a bigger fan of them a couple years ago, but I got a bit bored of them since then

still, I'm gonna go see them in september
yeh lucky you. laughs

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Seeing them in Sep. Still love them completely. BWP is my favourite album of all time.
Awesome. I really want to see them but shit happened, which is ok. Yeh i feel inlove with still life, and stuck with it ever since.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
My friend loves them.
She showed me a song (i hate all the heavy shit) that was really mellow and i loved it.

HSC
Saw them Saturday night, amazing show.

The 'heavy shit' is an aquired taste. I love it. And once you're used to it, you realise how much more it gives to the music, because all the 'mellow' bits are still there, but there's more dynamic variety.

Don't give up on them just for the heaviness. You may get used to it quicker than you think.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
Nahh, she's trying to convert me and i really really am trying, but i just cant listen to music without a melody..i mean theres like snippets that sounds reallly good but the rest just sounds like meaningless screaming (she gets really angry when i say this and tries to point out to me that its actually deeply emotional..but...bleh)

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
murraytaylor123 said:
Saw them Saturday night, amazing show.

The 'heavy shit' is an aquired taste. I love it. And once you're used to it, you realise how much more it gives to the music, because all the 'mellow' bits are still there, but there's more dynamic variety.

Don't give up on them just for the heaviness. You may get used to it quicker than you think.
I really would have loved to have gone.

jdevlin

annoyingly calm
HSC
The Sydney gig was amazing...

Perfect set I'd say :D They even played Bleak *head explodes with awesomeness.

In reference to the heaviness and no melody. What do you mean there's no Melody? Just because the vocalist isn't singing a melody line doesn't mean there isn't a melody. The guitars, the keys, heck even drums can have melody!

What you need to do is learn to listen to it as a whole, not just the vocals.

HSC
Alex, you dislike growls for the exact same reason I did. It took a few weeks for me to be able to -stand- them, and then they grew on me BIG time and now I love them.

Epistemophobia, they said that they might be coming back next year! You should definitely come, best band ever.

Epistemophobia

Serenity Painted Death
HSC
awesome, yeh hopefully everything will work out and i will be able to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)