Open High School (1 Viewer)

jesshika

supreme being
Ohs!!

anione here doing jap continuerss thru correspondance? i..e open high school!
learning a language thru corespondance is pretty challenging !!
-_-;;
muzukashii ne ?:(

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Welcome! I do remember a few people who took Japanese by Correspondence last year, though it's still a bit early yet for the 04s to come along. Stick around though!

HSC
N/A
I'm taking Jap Continuers. I was considering doing a different subject through correspondence, but the teachers weren't too helpful, and I had already more than enough subjects chosen, so I didn't.
Possibly muzukashii, but I do believe you'll be alright. If worst comes to worst...people are here. ^^;;

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
yeah i did Continuers and Extension through Open High School with Mrs Bailey.It was pretty good, although you have to be motivated to work on your own as you don't have a teacher breathing down your back. Make sure you can call your teacher whenever you need to during study periods or fax them questions. If you're lucky enough to get teachers meeting you face to face once a week like i was then make sure you make the most of the opportunity and practice speaking and listening a lot with them.

umm, the face to face meeting things they have with everyone at Randwick can be useful but they can be a tad frustrating :D
but on the whole i think OHS got me a better mark because i had to work harder. it also gives you more free periods :D

jesshika

supreme being
:eek: ~~ yeah working thru OHS is pretty hardd cuz yu got noone to pressure yu to do work
haha and tahts wat i need .. im like slacking off BADLYY >.<

my teacher ish Ms Bavinton~~ shes nihonjin~~

yAh im as luckii as you i guess.. cuz my sensei visits the 4 of us (they do jap thru ohs aswell) like once in a mnth since randwick ish like SO FARRRR awayyyyy from where my school is -_-;

did yu go well in jap for yur hsc??

victorling

HSC
N/A
open school is renowned for japanese and other language studies
nearly every year, there is at least 1-2 persons getting top 5 in language in open schools

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
yeah did well in the hsc for japanese but you have to take into account the fact i stayed there for 10 months on an AFS exchange program. i know for sure that i wouldnt have done japanese at all if i hadnt gone there.
if you go to OHS there will be heaps of people who went on exchange programs like me because my school didnt run the subject and because i was doing it accelerated - im finishing the rest of my units this year.

jesshika

supreme being
oh honti ni ??
wAahhh sugoi ne!~~ heheee

10 months .. thatsss LONG !! i would imagine that your nihongo is Tokui .. am i right?

was your air fare paid forR?

watashi mo nihon ni itta ~~ ^^ but like only stayed there for 2 weeks.. that was last september tho ... ^^ so i didn't get as much experience as yooo !!

ehehehe .. where about in japan did you staY??
i went to nagoya ^^ tanoshikatta

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Sorry to be pedantic, but the title of this thread was really getting to me so I changed it. Now people won't think we have threads about Operational Health and Safety.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
hehe yeah good work lex mate. the only reason i went on the program was that i got a scholarship which paid for the whole program cos i woudnt have been able to afford it probably. so that was cool:D
my japanese is much better than if i hadnt gone of course but it's just a matter of practising, hearing and using as much as you can. practical japanese is pretty different from the japanese you'e required to learn for the HSC though. good luck though :D

oh and i went to Ijuin, which is in Kagoshima prefecture. anyone looking for it would find it on the southern peninsula of Kyushu. as part of the exchange program i went with the other exchange students to Nagasaki for a peace gathering on the anniversary of the atomic bomb. it was a great experience cos it gives you better understanding of what happened that you can't learn in textbooks or videos.

and for the school trip we went to Osaka, Kyoto. lots of temples, universal studios and lots of people compared to Kagoshima

Last edited:

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I visited Hiroshima, the "famous" A-Bomb city. The number of monuments to various groups or aspects of the bomb bordered on annoying.

Takuya

Banned
A blazing inferno of blood and despair...
I just came back from a holiday to Kagoshima... Much warmer than Osaka, but then again I spent most of my time in the onsen. I stayed at the Shiroyama Kanko Hotel with my beautiful girlfriend which was very enjoyable.

Now it's back to the pachislot!!!

Osaka is still quite boring. I don't know why you people are so crazy about Japan... Maybe it's yellow fever kicking in. It was more fun skateboarding Woolloomoolololoerooweorweto wharf with my friends in Sydney.

And Lexicographer, there is absolutely no problem with any of the monuments to those killed in the A-Bomb city. If you've ever viewed any information or photos of the bombing outside the covers of american books then I think you'd find the monuments less annoying. No number of monuments, poles or big blue statues can compensate for the hundred thousand or so Japanese civilians (yes, women and children, not soldiers) murdered in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. That's nothing but terrorism on a scale which is 100 times greater than any terrorist act america has ever experienced.

Oh and I saw a fist fight between an american and a Japanese man at Umeda the other day but didn't stay for long to see the outcome.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Look, I'm not going to start another argument with you Takuya. I was annoyed because the amount of monuments was at the level that you started to ignore them, and categorise them as "just another feature of Hiroshima". If this is what people do then the monuments have FAILED, because they are there to remind people of the massive, singular and irreconcilable evil that was commited. If you have so many monuments that people don't care about them anymore then they no longer succesfully portray their message, then become just another fixture to be ignored.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
anyone from Japanese '03 going to the Morning Tea at OHS on February 25th ? i don't think i can go obviously because i still have school.

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
yeah it's a presentation for those that got top bands in their language. i think it's for all languages but it could be just japanese.

oh and yeah it's just for OHS as it's being put on by OHS

frodo

MAINTAIN THE RAGE
HSC
come on, sombody else besides me has to be going?

jesshika

supreme being
lolz
im going ot the OHS on the 25th but not for the presentation thingie .. i gotta face to face lesson with ma jap teacher~~

wat tym yu goinn???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)