Open High School = bonus marks? Debunk. (1 Viewer)

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
A friend said that because we're studying a language through the open high school, we get bonus marks for that subject. I doubt this.
Is is true or not?

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Why the hell would you get bonus marks for that?

Unless you mean 'bonus' UAI points. Which I highly doubt, unless maybe you did some language-type course in Uni.

Mu5hi

Banned
HSC
there is something about distance education bonus UAI. I think it differs from uni to uni.

eriito

Elite Member
HSC
question
let's say there are 180 people in the state studying japanese beginners. if you are positioned 10th, does this count as a "state ranking"?

angelix

HSC
hey guys.
i`m doing italian beginners at the moment and i have the Head Italian Teacher.
She has confirmed to my parents that everyone who does Open High gains ONE uai point.
i`m not sure if it is 0.1 or 1 whole point but this is a fact that we gain something!

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
probably not, why would you? wouldn't that be unfair to everyone else?
same as cheating

Nadiaaa

HSC
hey guys.
i`m doing italian beginners at the moment and i have the Head Italian Teacher.
She has confirmed to my parents that everyone who does Open High gains ONE uai point.
i`m not sure if it is 0.1 or 1 whole point but this is a fact that we gain something!

Whaaaat?
I do Italian at a Saturday school because it isn't offered at my school, so do I get extra marks?

Fuck that's not fair.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
from what i was told when i was doing it you gain 1 extra UAI point for ANY distance ed course due to the self-tution idea that distance ed involves indirect teaching. Same goes for distinction course too. Thats what i was told by the Open High School when i was studying japanese through them.

Nadiaaa

HSC
I dont think its right though. I see a teacher once a week for a couple of hours, the rest of the time I work on my own during the week.
A mark is a mark, why should people get extra just because they do distance ed? I mean, I understand the lack of continous face to face contact with a teacher might affect your learning, but that's no reason to score extra marks.

cerys

because i can.
HSC
Extra marks plz.

Students doing languages through correspondence are at a disadvantage though, because we aren't always face-to-face with a teacher (or students for that matter) like a normal class, therefore we don't get as much practice as students would if they actually had a class (for that particular language) :/

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Extra marks plz.

Students doing languages through correspondence are at a disadvantage though, because we aren't always face-to-face with a teacher (or students for that matter) like a normal class, therefore we don't get as much practice as students would if they actually had a class (for that particular language) :/
What about people who have crap teachers? Or people who have subs instead of their teacher because of one reason or another? Should they get extra UAI points?

cerys

because i can.
HSC
^
^ But aren't these circumstances different...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)