OnStage? (1 Viewer)

sampognetta

HSC
i got nominated for onstage for my i.p as did my friend at the same school. you find out about one month after the performance. i have no idea when you find out when they tell you if your performing or not?
anyone know?

Kute_Princess

HSC
i no this is a real late reply to what was being said earlier, but i agree with whoever was saying it...
i think the restrictions the BOS has put on drama is complete shit. i did video for IP, my theme was horror. After i made my movie and showed it to my teacher n he said he was unsure but strongly suggested... that i cut out come scenes cause they didnt comply with the rules.
Eg, i used a knife n stuff. But by taking it out it made my film complete shit and took away from the whole meaning n stuff. That really pissed me off!
My film went from something i was real proud of to a wanna-be scarey lovely piece of shit! argh.. yuck.

jaihson

HSC
they are becoming more lenient with the rules. a girl at my school was allowed to use a gun in her Individual performance.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
jaihson said:
they are becoming more lenient with the rules. a girl at my school was allowed to use a gun in her Individual performance.
still a strictly no tits allowed policy though...:p

sascha_ryner

HSC
On another post thing, for Onstage for non performers, it says a few ppl have been nominated! Congrats to any who know for sure

jaihson

HSC
Hey if they accept you, will they phone you and just send you a letter if you didnt get in?

Gummy_bear

HSC
So, question? Im not going to be seeing my teacher again and she dont have my number, niether does the school.. Will i get sent a letter or something?
I may see my teach b4 the drama exam but probly not. Its so stressful, i mean, my teach said i had a resonable chance of geting into onstage (i do costume) and i just dont like the waiting. I wish there was a spot on the net where thye listed all the nominations.
Oh well.. Ill just have to make sure that i go and find my teacher after the exam..

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i think that if your school needed to let you know, theyd write you a letter, or obtain a contact number. theres no harm in going and asking your teacher, though. but dont be too hung up about it, but good luck and i hope you make it.

so are there nominations and confirmations for submitted projects the same as performances?

jaihson

HSC
No No ive been nominated and i've sent my video in. I was just thinking that if we got in they'd give us a phone call after exams, but if we didnt then we just might get a letter in the mail or something. Sounds like quite a few people got nominated.

kristie87

HSC
Did you get nominated for non-performance IP (video) or Performance IP and you just had to send in a video of your performance?

jaihson

HSC
kristie87 said:
Did you get nominated for non-performance IP (video) or Performance IP and you just had to send in a video of your performance?
Yeah I got a nomination for my individual performance.

kristie87

HSC
Oh ok. On ya! :)

I just wish they wouldn't leave us in SO MUCH FREAKING SUSPENSE as to the whole Onstage thing - especially Non-Performance IP's. I think the way it works is similar to vis. arts. Like usually, if you send your work away and after they've been marked and they send other works back from your school, on the packaging it has a slip which reads something like "The following works have been retained for the selection process for ArtExpress/Onstage/Whatever" and then it lists your student number. I dunno if that's what they do for Onstage, but they did that for ArtExpress. Otherwise I think the school gets informed via a letter from the BOS.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Gummy_bear said:
So, question? Im not going to be seeing my teacher again and she dont have my number, niether does the school.. Will i get sent a letter or something?
I may see my teach b4 the drama exam but probly not. Its so stressful, i mean, my teach said i had a resonable chance of geting into onstage (i do costume) and i just dont like the waiting. I wish there was a spot on the net where thye listed all the nominations.
Oh well.. Ill just have to make sure that i go and find my teacher after the exam..
They don't even let the school know. They will just send a letter/phone you and it will be up to you to tell your school about it so they can advertise it and all that crap. And I've heard (from reliable sources) that if you don't get in you don't get told anything about it. Only those selected are contacted.

jaihson

HSC
Oh really? Ah well, Im sure someone on here will either get in or hear from someone that word is out.

persian sharkie

HSC
yay! im in angelars group and stoked about the nomination hey! go team our group! and go timmy go! your gonna get nominated for sure....- what a talented fellow!
:cool:
but lets keep it in perspective - if we dont get selected we're fabulous anyway! Eeeee :)
congrats all you other nominated people and congrats in advance to all those who actually get to perform in february - how awesome! :)

oh and i found out from my friends at the gong high that performance people will find out after the drama written exam ...heres to waiting eh :)

Last edited:

floyd_pepper

HSC
found out today- we got in (for GP)! yeeeeehahh!
cant do it tho, one of us is gonna be away. dangit

courtnez

Now, what I want is Facts
HSC
I got my letter for my IP being in OnSTAGE today. Awesome! And I don't have to worry about being on a gap year, either, because it's hard copy :D So good. So exciting. Such a colourful letterhead.

Congrats to everyone who got through!

Gummy_bear

HSC
Talked to my teacher at the formal last night, my costume designs have come back, so i guess that means i havnt been nominated :( but im ok with that, i didnt really expect it and there are so many other talented people who probibly deserve it much more than me :)

Congratulations everyone!

alex_clu

HSC
me too!

i got in for I.P. can't wait to meet and get to know all u talented folk------ i am very scared and excited!!!!!! love alex

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)