Onstage... (1 Viewer)

actress2be

HSC
N/A
It is relentlessly repeated that performances will only be chosen for Onstage if they:

a) Receive full marks

b) Become Shortlisted

c) If they are 'politically correct'....

The definition of politically correct must have broadened since I last checked because I felt that over the last two years Onstage has opened up to more 'risque' and 'confronting' topics...

Please explain what elements are required for a performance IP or GP, conceptually, to be accepted onto Onstage... :mad1:

Mithead

HSC
It is relentlessly repeated that performances will only be chosen for Onstage if they:

a) Receive full marks

b) Become Shortlisted

c) If they are 'politically correct'....

The definition of politically correct must have broadened since I last checked because I felt that over the last two years Onstage has opened up to more 'risque' and 'confronting' topics...

Please explain what elements are required for a performance IP or GP, conceptually, to be accepted onto Onstage... :mad1:

1. Keep your clothes on
  2. Dont show graphic rape
  3. Dont be racist
  4. Dont do a piece about something that would seriously offend a general audience
  5. Dont swear too much (they CAN cut this out later, but perhaps a piece about the history of the f-word could be a little better thought out)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Dont swear too much (they CAN cut this out later, but perhaps a piece about the history of the f-word could be a little better thought out)
Though it does make a good documentary. Check out 'Fuck' if you haven't seen it.

posey-rose

The lost member
HSC
I've been told that to get onto onstage you need to impress the judges on the day (the hsc drama day) and you also have to get over 90 in drama. you are then given an audition form, which you fill out and send a hardcopy of your performance where it will be judged again and the best performances are choosen.

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)