ONStage (1 Viewer)

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
Hey y'all... Just checking to see whom of you fellow dramatists have been nominated for ONStage? MY GP has been nominated, so we are BEYOND stoked! Does anybody know how the nomination process works, and where things go from there? And does anybody know if IP ONStage nominations are out??? Hope your enjoying the final bludge to the last day of school, PEACE OUT - Maddogz

Last edited:

rosie rose

hey congratulations on the nomination, thats fab
WELL i was a-chatting to my teacher today and she said that if you're nominated for IP performance, the school gets notified and you have to send in a tape recording of yourself doing the piece BUT as i did script, that doesn't really apply and she doesn't know how you get told. maybe a letter... not sure...:)

mle

Congrats! I'm so incredibly jealous! I think you have to send in a tape of your performance and then they judge it from there. Let us know if you get in!

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
Well our school got sent a letter from the BoS and said "Congratulations, your GP has been nominated for ONStage". Then we signed all these forms and sent off a tape of o performance...

emily

well done!

noone from our school, but does anyone know when people will find out about ips?

my friend is doing costume and i'm sure she'll get in so i'm guessing they can't have sent them out yet?

i did set, but it was shit so hey!

jaNetix

yeh i hated my set as well ay....
the thing that pisses me off was thta i spent so much time planning...but a last minute change stuffed me up.....
concept was good.....i think..

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
Yeah, i don't know about non-performance IP Onstage nominations???

I'm saying this only because a friend at another school got in for her Individual Performance.....???!!!!

So... I'm assuming the Individual Projects are still being assessed before they make shortlisting/nomination decisions... Hopefully!
*fingers crossed*

Anybody seen any good IP Videos from this year???

- M A D D O G Z -

~SArAh~B~

Well I know that my school had one group nominated and three individual projects nominated. They then had to fill in a form and film their pieces... well a lot of them had them already had filmed from the trial... so that part was easy for them. My best friend was nominated... she was so happy!

cmaddogz

Maddogz Productions
HSC
Sarah, did your friends (or whomever at your school) do individual projects like set design/video/costume design/reviews/etc...??? Or did they all do performance? Give my congratulations to your friend!

- M A D D O G Z -

emily

argh, does anyone know anyone who has heard anything about non performance ips then yet?

when anyone does, if they could post that'd be great...

MindFunk

Originally posted by cmaddogz
Anybody seen any good IP Videos from this year???
I've seen a few, there are a lot more people out there that have done a Video Drama this year. I know I did.

But generally the quality of the films are devastatingly bad. The kind that make you cringe as amatuers pick up a camera and shoot anything and everything.

We had two Videos at my school, from the only two guys in the class. Come the trials I managed a 29/30 because the teacher didn't see my 300 word concept.

Am hoping for the best anyway. I did the best with what I had, and hopefully it paid off.

Anyone know the rules about showing films outside of the hsc later on? ie: film festivals?

~SArAh~B~

Um the people at my school all did performance so i can't answer whether the other ips have been nominated! But yeh i will tell my friend congratulations for you, she was sooo happy!

~SArAh~B~

Originally posted by MindFunk
I've seen a few, there are a lot more people out there that have done a Video Drama this year. I know I did.

But generally the quality of the films are devastatingly bad. The kind that make you cringe as amatuers pick up a camera and shoot anything and everything.

We had two Videos at my school, from the only two guys in the class. Come the trials I managed a 29/30 because the teacher didn't see my 300 word concept.

Am hoping for the best anyway. I did the best with what I had, and hopefully it paid off.

Anyone know the rules about showing films outside of the hsc later on? ie: film festivals?
HEY, i live in newy... what school do you go to?

fringey

HSC
Cmaddogz holy fuck you got nominated for group aswell. Well done that is amazing. So, did u fail all your other subjects?!

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
GOOD LUCK to everyone who got nominated!!! I went to Onstage this year, and it was so fantastic.

I'll be doing the HSC next year, so hopefully our performances make it in. We are supposedly the best group to past through our school for quite some time!

*fingers crossed*

Anyway. congrats to everyone again. I can't wait for onstage next year!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)