Onstage Nominatoins (1 Viewer)

400miles

Who's been nominated for Onstage?
A group in our class was nominated, they're stoked... who else?

jjj

yeah my group got nominated but do heaps of people get nominated? what are the chances of actually getting in on the night?

artfaggette

dongs
HSC
Ow, my gang didn't make the chop.
Is it a similar system to art where any mark over 43 gets automatically nominated?
Fingers crossed that it's not.

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
No, a nomination does not indicate mark. you could get 30/30 and not be nominated

artfaggette

dongs
HSC
Oh PHEW! Praise the lord/Trigger189.
I breathe a rather large sigh of relief.
Thankyou

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Well done Trigger!!!!

jjj --> the chances of someone getting in depends on the layout of the show. The producers (*shudders*) look at all the ones nominated and see how they will fit in the show. So not everyone who gets nominated actually goes to OnStage. But getting nominated is FANTASTIC!

we had two nominations for ips at my school.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
great_one_56 said:
Has anyone been nominated for IP's other then performance? eg script, set, costume, etc
IP's start getting marked at about the time we start our HSC, so no.

We have had one nomination so far, but he may have to pull out because of copyright issues :(

shoo

im devastated..i didnt get nominated..i didnt even no nominations had come out...so how long until ips get nominated (fingers crossed) might still have a chance...btw, those who got nominated- what was yours about, was it a dramtic thing, a comedy, a social/political idea, was it controversial, funny?

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
Yes, actually, IPs have apparently just started to be marked, so yes you definately still have a chance. There is this guy in my class who is absolutely SUPERB. He did "Rhinos" a piece from an Absurdist place. He was brilliant and received 30/30 for his trial. Not too good at theory, very lazy with theory, so I was hoping he would get nominated just to give him recognition that wont turn up in his marks unfortunately. But apparently they nominate on average one piece at most per school, so that is the only reason i can think of. Personally, I think his monologue is perfect Onstage material, and much better than some of the garbage you see there.

We only got 1 nomination from the performances and that was our group. In answer to your question, we did a narrative piece about 4 missionaries (all guys group) who sail to an island in search for "the light". Its a comedy, pretty 'stupid' comedy, sorta pokes fun at blind faith, but we tried to keep it as simple as possible, not making too much of a statement. I find that comedy works best for HSC Group performances, and that what we aimed for. Its fast paced as well. So for future HSC students, I say go for comedy and aim for originality.

Last edited:
V

val_dramaqueen

oh.. man! I am so devo! our group didn't get nominated :(
But just for the case, ours was about fashion and how it rules society and how we are easily influenced by what we see! hehehe
for those who were nominated, what were yours all about? i wanna know!
and also... is it REALLY over for those who haven't been nominated yet? *tear*

jjj

ok thanks.. Yeah ours was just a comedy - no political or intelligent message really. but i doubt we would get into the actual night because it doesnt compare to the performances at onstage especially nutcase. also, when we filmed it to send it in, it makes it look shitty. Who else that got nominated has filmed their's? Did it look crap? did you use the whole stage?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Does the school get notification even if no one got nominated? I find it hard to believe that no one got nominated for gp or ip from my school as there were many quality pieces. Our drama teacher says that she didnt receive anything like that. Is there some number i can call to find out?
ahhhhh...

V

val_dramaqueen

well... i find it hard to believe that no-one from our school got nominated... not being big-headed... but our group devised was pretty quality! like, i know there are better ones out there... but shit y'al!! hehehe
and one of our ip's shoulda got nominated at least, it was awesome!
but anyway, i would like to know also if there's some kind of number you can ring. thatd be sweet!
oh.. and cause im from toormina high, that kinda makes it a guaranteed thing that we wont make it. our school sucks! (as well as being burnt down) hahaha :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)