OnSTAGE 05 (1 Viewer)

Meli_the_Pink

Pretty in Pink
HSC
i thought the indivdual performances were a step up from last year (except the hippie girl), but i wasnt very disappointed with the groups. enjoyed the first one, but the others i wasnt totally impressed with. but hey, they are high school performances, we shouldnt be expecting sydney theatre company here...

*mad caddies*

-slumming it-
HSC
wally*hailtaxi* said:
p.s. Cover up cover up hide it hide it, Damn Miss Rose, I'm so happy I could scream, Switch breasts, Real Doriam Grey *whispered tones*. Miss you guys heaps!
HAH!! "cover up, cover up, hide it, hide ittttt....SWITCH BREASTS and cover up, hide it, hide it". Anyone else from program a remember the stage crew's song? GOLD!

bec :-x

HSC
it scared me

on 1st thought it freaked the shit outa me coz i thought omg there is no way ours is gunna b that good, the ips were REALLY good 2 and it sorta made me think omg dis has 2 b really professional.
then when i thought bout it i diddnt get da whole hippy thing it was pretty pathetic i mean take away the arms and shes got nuttin wat was with the arms neway?? that catty girl yeh she got into her character but again i didnt relly get it. the freak one had little purpose, cept the she/man being REALLY funny.
Yet the american guy was good same with the record one i liked the way the plot kinda went round and the jitter buffs were REALLY REALLY good.
the best thing i wreckon was the way our audience really got into it even if there was elements that did suk there was pretty good atmosphere ay??

leetahl

HSC
Trigger189 said:
I watched Program B on Saturday and was very dissapointed - this was the shittest OnStage I have seen - everything was so formulaic and unoriginal - standard drama performances. My group was rejected from OnStage, and I was hoping to gain some clarity - but going just rubbed salt in the wound. I am being totally objective here - I'm not a close-minded person, and I got opinions from other people who feel the same as me. Compared to "Jitter-Buffs" - you're "favourite" piece - my piece was infinitely superior. I compare our 2 performances because we were a group of 4 guys as well, and had many similar comedic elements - such as the sexual innuendo everyone in my audience found so hilarious. Stuck in an elevator? Not original - I have seen that done plenty of times. The story itself was just so dull. I have gotten in trouble on this board before for thinking I'm better than everyone, but seriously the selection panel for Onstage must have no dramatic sense at all.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a total asshole - after all, I thoroughly enjoyed Newtown - both Luke's individual - which I thought was astounding, and their group, which although wasn't very original, in fact I've seen that idea done in workshops, drama festivals - it was their characters that made it great. I thought the people from Newtown were the only people who could act.

And that individual who played a hippie - no focus! Did she even BLOCK her piece? I got marked down considerably for moving around and using my arms too much - and my teacher worked me like a slave until I got it right, which wasn't until the actual day! I worked so hard, blocked every god damn line - took me forever! But here, she paced madly and flailed her arms around with every inflection, every exclamation, every sentence! I don't care if its "her character" - playing a hippie doesn't mean you have to be on the move continously like you're on a sugar attack - basically no awareness of her performance space. How could the markers not pick up on this!

My point is - don't be discouraged if you don't make it into OnStage - obviously they are very picky with what they choose - and are looking for something VERY particular. Just remember - OnStage sucks balls.

!
haha- you are so right! i saw this program as well.. and i think we should all understand that if we dont get into onstage it will not be the end of the world! there were so many shocking performances in this particular onstage.. it was quite disappointing- however, out of interest- what school did you go to?

spencertas

COVER UP COVER UP HIDE IT HIDE IT SWITCH BREASTS AND COVER UP! yes i remember the song. and it WAS gold. who is this anyways aye? this is byron. as in byron IP, not byron bay..... aah i miss onstage, so many memories.....

Zacko

Hey there,

I saw program b too. Though the first perforrmance was funny, their concept SUCKED! My personal opinion the best playbuilds were 'B.O.B' (that was the war one) and 'Between the Tracks' (Last one of Act II) and the best monologue was 'Fish Lamb'. But hey, if you like the first one that much, thats fine.

hayleybron

HSC
spencertas said:
COVER UP COVER UP HIDE IT HIDE IT SWITCH BREASTS AND COVER UP! yes i remember the song. and it WAS gold. who is this anyways aye? this is byron. as in byron IP, not byron bay..... aah i miss onstage, so many memories.....
byron- the guy who did the cabaret/holocaust monologue? you were so awesome!! and i apologise prefusley for my peers laughter, perhaps the subject is too confronting for them? when i first recieved the program i thought yours was going to be another of those stero-typical holocaust pieces but you definatley proved my suspisions wrong. Totally and utterly impressed :D peace out

*mad caddies*

-slumming it-
HSC
hey byron, it's em from grey school. i got my photos from onstage developed the other day, & there are some top shots of everyone on the roof at unilodge...oh the memories!

franski

HSC
my school's (bishop druitt college) gd "who did it?" (the musical one) was in it... my best friend was professor plum lol - the horny evil piano player hehehe.

hannahb

HSC
hannah...ka "poppet'

*mad caddies* said:
hey byron, it's em from grey school. i got my photos from onstage developed the other day, & there are some top shots of everyone on the roof at unilodge...oh the memories!
how dude how you going? its hannah from 'it's rhyme time'
wondering if you could email me ur pics?
i miss on-stage so much...it was a total blast!

babywhitto

I thought On Stage was awesome. yeah there were a few where i was like "wtf di di just watch?!?!"

some had some good ideas, but could have been better i thought...but they were there for a reasona dn im glad i saw them.

My fav by FARRRR was Luke's I.P and the G.P he was in. omg fantastic!!! DId you knwo he was in Encore as well, for singing...he is like awesome!!! its just wow he got into both things...and if he was a writer ( i dunno if he is) he would have been at the writers showcase one!
His I.P was so strong. the accent the entire way through the energy and just so awesome!!! i cant explain it...but some how i di din my logbook (an entire page on his i.p...yeah im obsessed).
the G.P was great aswell...it was a strange idea, but fascinating. the guy that did the he/she so funny...hahaha.

the Jitter Buffs one was funny and i laughed my arse off...you can never go wrong with some gay jokes and sex jokes...always a winner! I thought it was good how they did the light to present the elevator...that was great.

no offence to whoever was in it...but that stupid one about eh music was just annoying!!! the ppl were bad, couldnt hear them and it was just really annoying. but thats just my oppinion.

I thought the taming lydia chick had a great idea, wish i had thought of it, but she did get kidna nnoying, but still thought it was great.
oh and the sallmoe chick, yeah couldnt understand it, too quiet.
and the cloudstreet dude, had some awesome ideas, but i didnt fully understnad it, prob coz i hadnt read the book...but still the rope ideas AWESOME!!

the BOB group, haha some moments. was that the group with the stupid fez take off from that 70's show. jesus that pissed me off soooo much!! how they did hte same character...gah soooo annoying. but once again, just me.

But the absolute standout performance, for me, was Luke. To be in ther for I.P and G.P thats something...but when i watched i was like "OMG i love him...he is amazing!" and yeah, we took pictures after the show...adn yeah i had one with him... he is my hero.

HE MADE IT TO ENCORE AND ONSTAGE!!! i want to be him!

*mad caddies*

-slumming it-
HSC
yeh, for sure! pm me with your email address and i'll send you the photos our group took...there's an awesome one of you three in costume & made-up...ahhhhh...good times!

sarahlouiseir

HSC
mmmmmm tut tut :(

well my two cents worth is that of sheer disappointment.
Last year Onstage was brilliant, imaginative and original....this year the groups selected werent all that high in quality, they were good but the last thing you want is an audience to CRINGE!!!!
and baby, i was cringing for three reasons, 1 i see the stereotyped hi5 sing along thing EVERY drama night from the year 9's. 2 the sex jokes and innuenndo was smothering, if i wanted that id have gone onto my school bus. and three, im sorry but i saw WAY too much of some of the female performers breasts!!!, you guys were brill but for the 2005's, just remember that you want your audience to be impressed by your dramatic skill, not your rack????
i have to say OMG to the caberet guy you were fantastic!!!
and i really admired all of your pieces for your use of physicalisation, and the performances were really tight.

i really am disturbed by the censoring of ONSTAGE. it is SO important for the youth of Australia to have a voice. A boy at my school{BAND6} did the most amazing piece about a transexual, his talent was apparent and he had the audience so hooked. How dare the beaurocrats mute what we want to say about our world!!!
this is appaling, the people in ONSTAGE should be the BEST not the most politically sensitive!!!
GUYS WRITE LETTERS!!!
tell them you are pissed off that this is happening!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gummy_bear

HSC
well, i believe that the onstage selections are like the artexpress selections. the judge ppl choose, not based souley on scores, but also on the diversity that they can have in the acts. for example, if all the band 6 performances were, say, based on a political issue (just an example, not saying this will, or has, happened) if the judges chose only them, the performances for onstage wouldnt be very diverse and may get boring. they also wouldnt show a different range of styles. after all, it is people who are getting ideas from these performances who are watch, ie: year 11 students.
so, i think that the ppl choose performances that are diverse and show a huge range. so, in other words, if its crap, it may be because they only got a band 4, but the ppl thought it showed a different style than the other acts that have been chosen.
well, thats my 2 cents. :)

Mrs Peacock

HSC
WHO is out there...?

Hey kids, wow, its already june and i have never seen this site before. Does anyone still come to this forum? Well, anyways, I can see some of your points (shocking grammar i know).. to some of the really pissed off people I think some of the performances were not up to scratch, but at the same time there was some exceptional work done this year at onstage. Of course onSTAGE does not make a performance the best the year has to offer (if that was the case I would have worked considerably less hard last year cos i think onstage 04 was pretty dismal- not the ladder girls though!) But I also have to say yes, be jealous if you didn't get in cos holy shit we had an AWESOME time!!! You meet cool people, you drink heaps, smoke Yves Saint Laurent cigarettes (thank you kindly byron) and you perfom you ass off on stage. Well I know my group did. I also wanted to say to those people who were making comments about Miss White's rack, we actually made her chest up like that- with make up and padding- so her boobs looked absolutely obscene when she was onstage. The idea was she was really slimy and was meant to make you shudder. So yeah, it wasn't meant to turn anybody on. (And if it did your sick, SICK I tell you!) Anyways, good luck to everyone who's doing drama this year, work hard (really really really hard) and have fun! Also, do you guys remember 'Do it for Mama" from onSTAGE 03? They rocked the casbah!~ Love to Plummy, White and Scarlett xoxoxoxo it shall never die!!!!

HSC
Luke delaney

undefinedundefinedundefined Ok im not sure if this is gonan work but anywayz yea i saw Onstage and omg i think his name was Luke Delaney and he did that american guy thing and he was from Newtown he was sooooooooo good i was liek freaked out how good he was and i thought he was soooo hot!! ahh ok byez

ambidextrouscal

Learning to be Witty
HSC
I went and saw OnStage, program A.
To Byron and Arianwen (fellow Armidilians)
You guys were truly awesome! love you both... especially you Byron, Hubby!
Oh, and congrats to Nicola as well for the movie!

ambidextrouscal

Learning to be Witty
HSC
Just a side note to Arianwen (if she ever reads this... )
Sorry i couldnt be there to do stage set up at OnStage. lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)