Online Study Group (please help!) (1 Viewer)

sez809

How about we have an online advice/study group to help all the other Society and Culturians?

First up: Usually the exam sometimes ask how a particular methodology would be useful in finding out information in a particular situation? How does one approach these types of questions? For example - Assess the value of participant observation in a study of teenage gangs (2002). I would love some help, and everyone else can post their questions and we can all help! :)

nessie_lee

Povo Uni Student!
Knights territory.... and I'm a Doggies supporter!
HSC
you can talk about ethics in research, and that this wouldn't be ethical research because you are putting yourself at harm (i mean, just walking up to a gang.. not a good idea!).. i guess u could also talk about the hawthorne effect, which means people's natural behaviour is altered because someone else is watching..
hopes this helps..

em_516

bludging..
HSC
ok..i've got some questions..just looking at some old questions..

"examine the relationship between:
power and work and leisure
and
authority and work and leisure
evaluate how a society you have studied may be structured around access, or lack of access, to work"

(this has come from the syallabus point, "how might society be structured around access, or lack of access, to work?", which i STILL don't understand)

the other question i was wondering about is:

"some groups may benefit from the process of modernisation. and some may not.
name ONE significant group in a society
(a) what do you understand by the term 'modernisation'?
(b) explain how the process of modernisation has impacted on ONE significant group in society"

(what 'significant group' are they actually talking about here?)

if ANYONE can help..much appreciated..if not..then lets hope there are no questions like those lol

sez809

I don't do the work and leisure topic so I can't help you there..

I think a significant group would be the rich people in society? Actually Im not sure...

em_516

bludging..
HSC
sez809 said:
I don't do the work and leisure topic so I can't help you there..

I think a significant group would be the rich people in society? Actually Im not sure...
no you're probably right..perhaps it's like lower class, middle class and upper class..and you have to choose one and relate it to modernisation..eh..who cares if it's not..at least i'll be able to write SOME kind of answer now lol..thanks heaps!

sez809

Yes well there is no need to worry about it anymore! :) Actually I bet that noone comes into this forum anymore, prove me wrong!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)