One small Question - English adv or ext? (1 Viewer)

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Would being one of the top students in English Advance be better than averaging in English Ext1?

urgently need to know

Thanks in Advance (unintentional pun lol)

Last edited:

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Would being one of the top students in English Advance be better than averaging in English Ext1?

urgently need to know

Thanks in Advance (unintentional pun lol)
lol @ pun

From what i've heard english ext is easier then advance, and you could even try out ext2 english after that, so just give it a shot, if you dont like it you can always drop it like i did, just that i hated the teacher plus the text so i dropped after 3 weeks, plus i dont realy like english lol

Overall english will count no matter what so top in english adv is better, but keep in mind, there would be a lot in NSBHS hwo are top in english as well so just give ext a shot.

Good Luck!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Couldn't you top Adv. English AND average Eng Ext 1?

Remember that being top at something will always be better than average at something (regardless of scaling).

gustcloaked

HSC
ext 1 for sure! ext one is a lot more interesting and you get heaps more practice. plus if your adv teacher SUCKS. like mine... omfg. you could always go to your ext 1 teacher for help. .
right now... if it wasn't for ext 1 i'd give up on english.
adv rank.. 35/90
ext 1 rank =4/17

so, yeah.. i srsly recommend ext 1.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
ext 1 for sure! ext one is a lot more interesting and you get heaps more practice. plus if your adv teacher SUCKS. like mine... omfg. you could always go to your ext 1 teacher for help. .
right now... if it wasn't for ext 1 i'd give up on english.
adv rank.. 35/90
ext 1 rank =4/17

so, yeah.. i srsly recommend ext 1.
Extension English is ACTUALLY English unlike the crap in Advanced.

klaris

HSC
I picked 3U English for my subjects. I had a chat with the head of english and she said I'll really enjoy it because it doesn't have the restrictions that Advanced has and the people in your class will be as passionate about English as you are.

astroe

HSC
Your aim is to get as many Band 6's as possible so I suppose topping Adv is better.
But Extension is a great course!
You just focus on set texts for the year, its more fun than regular English.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Do extension. It'll help your advanced skills anway...

MissGiggles

HSC
common misconception 1: extension english is above advanced, so it must be more demanding
truth: extension english is not more anything. it's just more english

common misconception 2: extension english is more detailed/complicated
truth: our extension work is much simpler than advanced. power and gender in different texts (ext.) is a lot easier to get good marks in than identity (going by class averages)

if you are doing good at english, you might as well do another unit of it. the more units you have you are good at and enjoy studying the better your marks will be

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
extension english is not easier, just different. its far more engaging, and an inherently better subject.
being good at advanced isnt necessarily going to guarantee your success in extension, but it usually is some indication.
i would highly recommend extension, its a wonderful subject.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Also, chances are that if your topping EAdv, then you'll probably do better at EX1 than one of your other units.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)