X1 Eng 65% 2/4
X2 61% 1/3
Econ 80% 3/19
SDD 80% 2/9 -
Math's ADV 76 7 or 8 /24

HSC Accelerated So already completed
SOR II 81
Metal 77
Hello! It seems like you have maintained your favourable position in most of your subjects, and this is definitely a good thing, particularly when considering your ranks for English Extension 2, Economics and Software Design and Development. English Extension 1 is probably the more concerning subject due to your rank, although I believe any unwanted effect caused by English Extension 1 will probably be negated by having Studies of Religion II count towards your ATAR instead of it.

Your main 2 areas of improvement now are English Advanced (assuming you are ranked around 12/49 in it) and Mathematics Advanced. English Advanced has a high chance of counting towards your ATAR (unless you end up performing better in English Extension 1 and English Extension 2), so your focus should be on improving as much as possible, so that you can end up with a good final rank, allowing you to be in a favourable position as you get to the HSC exam. The same applies for Mathematics Advanced, the higher your final rank, the better the Assessment Mark you can potentially get. I believe top 5 would be a realistic goal to aim for.

I hope this helps! :D

President KK

HSC
Hello! It seems like you have maintained your favourable position in most of your subjects, and this is definitely a good thing, particularly when considering your ranks for English Extension 2, Economics and Software Design and Development. English Extension 1 is probably the more concerning subject due to your rank, although I believe any unwanted effect caused by English Extension 1 will probably be negated by having Studies of Religion II count towards your ATAR instead of it.

Your main 2 areas of improvement now are English Advanced (assuming you are ranked around 12/49 in it) and Mathematics Advanced. English Advanced has a high chance of counting towards your ATAR (unless you end up performing better in English Extension 1 and English Extension 2), so your focus should be on improving as much as possible, so that you can end up with a good final rank, allowing you to be in a favourable position as you get to the HSC exam. The same applies for Mathematics Advanced, the higher your final rank, the better the Assessment Mark you can potentially get. I believe top 5 would be a realistic goal to aim for.

Thankyou once again!
It really does help!
:)

President KK

HSC
An update
we got a few trial marks back, unfortunately some didnt go well while others went quite well!

chances for 85+?
Subject / current % /Rank

ADV eng 72% 25-50% /49
X2 61% 2/3 (Can be 1st not quite sure)
SDD 78% 1/9
Math's ADV 72 ( Ranked range 8-11)

--still waiting for trial marks---
Econ 80% 3/19
X1 Eng 65% 2/4

HSC 2020 ( Accelerated )
SOR II 81
Metal Eng 77

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
An update
we got a few trial marks back, unfortunately some didnt go well while others went quite well!

chances for 85+?
Subject / current % /Rank

ADV eng 72% 25-50% /49
SDD 78% 1/9

--still waiting for trial marks---
Econ 80% 3/19
X1 Eng 65% 2/4

HSC 2020 ( Accelerated )
SOR II 81
Metal Eng 77
Hello, well done on ranking first in Software Design and Development, that will definitely help you get closer to your 85+ ATAR goal! In terms of English Extension 2, ranking first will also maximise your chances of an 85+ ATAR, so let's hope that is the case. If not, it shouldn't make too much of a difference, even if you don't perform that well, because English Extension 2 only counts as 1 unit, as opposed to SDD, which will have a more significant effect. Mathematics Advanced and English Advanced seem a little bit more concerning (especially English Advanced). This doesn't mean that your ranks in those 2 subjects will necessarily prevent you from achieving your ATAR goal, as they are not particularly bad, not to mention the more important fact, which is that the HSC exam is yet to be completed and that constitutes 50% of your final mark for both of those subjects, and is a great opportunity for you to ensure you reach your desired ATAR.

Of course, your other marks and ranks that you are yet to receive are also important and will allow for a more accurate and more reliable prediction. Hopefully, the results for Economics and English Extension 1 end up being favourable.

President KK

HSC
Hello, well done on ranking first in Software Design and Development, that will definitely help you get closer to your 85+ ATAR goal! In terms of English Extension 2, ranking first will also maximise your chances of an 85+ ATAR, so let's hope that is the case. If not, it shouldn't make too much of a difference, even if you don't perform that well, because English Extension 2 only counts as 1 unit, as opposed to SDD, which will have a more significant effect. Mathematics Advanced and English Advanced seem a little bit more concerning (especially English Advanced). This doesn't mean that your ranks in those 2 subjects will necessarily prevent you from achieving your ATAR goal, as they are not particularly bad, not to mention the more important fact, which is that the HSC exam is yet to be completed and that constitutes 50% of your final mark for both of those subjects, and is a great opportunity for you to ensure you reach your desired ATAR.

Of course, your other marks and ranks that you are yet to receive are also important and will allow for a more accurate and more reliable prediction. Hopefully, the results for Economics and English Extension 1 end up being favourable.

Thankyou as always!
Will update with X1 and Econ! : )

President KK

HSC
Alright an Update!
Will update ranks once received by trial report
however here we Go!

ADV eng 72% 25-50% /49
SDD 79% 1/9
Econ 75% 2/19
X1 Eng 61% 3/4

Question, what is the E3 cut off for X1?
also SDD updated 79 not 78

Checking Raw marks . info is it possible for b6 in SDD?
assuming ofc favorable scaling like then

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Alright an Update!
Will update ranks once received by trial report
however here we Go!

ADV eng 72% 25-50% /49
SDD 79% 1/9
Econ 75% 2/19
X1 Eng 61% 3/4

Question, what is the E3 cut off for X1?
also SDD updated 79 not 78

Checking Raw marks . info is it possible for b6 in SDD?
assuming ofc favorable scaling like then
Well done of moving up to 2nd in Economics! You now likely have 2 favourable ranks in both Software Design and Development as well as Economics, which is definitely a good indicator. Hopefully, you do end up coming 1st in English Extension 2 as well, as that will further improve your position as you get closer to submitting your Major Work.

Keep in mind that rawmarks.info provides information about raw marks and aligned marks, which are only relevant to the Examination Mark (i.e. the mark you receive in the HSC exam). Your Assessment Mark contributes 50% and will also be an important factor in determining whether you can achieve a band E3 in English Extension 1. In terms of the Examination Mark however, the most recent (2019) raw mark reported was 33.5 and that was 41 as an aligned mark. Since the band E3 region is 35 - 44 /50, you may be able to still reach a band E3 if you achieve a raw mark that is 1-2 marks lower. Of course, this would not be recommended and your focus should instead be on achieving the best possible results, allowing you to achieve the highest possible band.

It is definitely possible to achieve a band 6 in SDD and fortunately for you, your rank makes this a much more possible outcome. Since you are ranked first (and assuming this will be your final rank for SDD), your Assessment Mark will be adjusted to equal your Examination Mark, meaning that if you achieve a raw mark that results in an aligned mark above 90, your final mark for SDD will be in the band 6 region. In both 2019 and 2020, a raw mark of 82 resulted in an aligned mark of 90. You should do your utmost in your HSC exam to guarantee the highest possible raw mark. I believe a raw mark in the mid 80's region will allow you to secure a band 6 overall in SDD.

President KK

HSC
Well done of moving up to 2nd in Economics! You now likely have 2 favourable ranks in both Software Design and Development as well as Economics, which is definitely a good indicator. Hopefully, you do end up coming 1st in English Extension 2 as well, as that will further improve your position as you get closer to submitting your Major Work.

Keep in mind that rawmarks.info provides information about raw marks and aligned marks, which are only relevant to the Examination Mark (i.e. the mark you receive in the HSC exam). Your Assessment Mark contributes 50% and will also be an important factor in determining whether you can achieve a band E3 in English Extension 1. In terms of the Examination Mark however, the most recent (2019) raw mark reported was 33.5 and that was 41 as an aligned mark. Since the band E3 region is 35 - 44 /50, you may be able to still reach a band E3 if you achieve a raw mark that is 1-2 marks lower. Of course, this would not be recommended and your focus should instead be on achieving the best possible results, allowing you to achieve the highest possible band.

It is definitely possible to achieve a band 6 in SDD and fortunately for you, your rank makes this a much more possible outcome. Since you are ranked first (and assuming this will be your final rank for SDD), your Assessment Mark will be adjusted to equal your Examination Mark, meaning that if you achieve a raw mark that results in an aligned mark above 90, your final mark for SDD will be in the band 6 region. In both 2019 and 2020, a raw mark of 82 resulted in an aligned mark of 90. You should do your utmost in your HSC exam to guarantee the highest possible raw mark. I believe a raw mark in the mid 80's region will allow you to secure a band 6 overall in SDD.

Thankyou once again! i know where to focus now :D

laterz laterz

HSC
around 230
some of your subjects such as eco and sdd are looking pretty good, some are average and some are not really upto the mark. i am guessing 85 should be possible if you get a good external mark for the subjects you did bad in internals. if u wanna get a higher ATAR, try maximising ur mark in sdd and eco bcoz if u get like a 95 in the hsc for sdd then that will become ur internal mark which can further improve ur atar.

good luck for the hsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)