Omg maths, you will be the end of me (1 Viewer)

HSC
Anyway, my school is currently workin through all the previous years hsc exams. I'm doing alright but by the time I get to question 7 or 8 I just cant seem to get the answers.
But hey, I can probably learn some more stuff by the time the hsc exams are on but the point of this thread is that when I went to sam, i found out that a huge number of ppls are getting above 90 for their marks, like over twenty percent. Now thats just crazy shit, so I was just wondering if the hsc exam mark is a direct mark from what you got in the exam or do you only need to get in the 80's for the actual exam or somethin like that to achieve such a mark??
Blah, Hope that makes sense.
Cheers

FinalFantasy

HSC
u can get a raw mark of 94\120 in the HSC exam for 2unit maths and u'll get brought up to a 90:)
just make sure ur ranks at school aren't too bad though..

HSC
haha, hows fourthish out of ten (including three unitrs) :(
but thats good news, cause questions 9 and 10 in the exam are bloody difficult, especially if you only do 2 unit maths.......so im glad the raw mark isnt a direct mark of what you'll get as your hsc mark.
thanks

FinalFantasy

HSC
Marcus Aurelius said:
haha, hows fourthish out of ten (including three unitrs) :(
but thats good news, cause questions 9 and 10 in the exam are bloody difficult, especially if you only do 2 unit maths.......so im glad the raw mark isnt a direct mark of what you'll get as your hsc mark.
thanks
4th out of 10 sounds ok.. if the 3 ppl in front of u are good:)

HSC
them three uniters are very good, well at least comparitively. I go to a western suburbs school..........enough said.

rama_v

HSC
Marcus Aurelius said:
them three uniters are very good, well at least comparitively. I go to a western suburbs school..........enough said.
With questions 9 and 10...Just keep practising and leave plenty of time for them. Really you can finish a 2 unit exam (at least questions 1-8) in under 2 hours, leaving over an hour for questions 9 and 10, and some time for checking ur answers...Unfrotunately theres no easy way out for the tough questions, just try your best and dont worry too much, even if you cant get one part of the question try and do the next part (usualy there's a couple of parts that everyone can do)...Also make sure you try all the challenge questions in the cambridge book, they are good practise too (if u have the book that is)...

HSC
^^^ yeah, i plan on practicing question 1 - 8 for the hsc exams till i get above 90% for them all the time, then work on getting the marks for the significantly more difficult questions of 9 and 10.
Cause as Final Fantasy already said, 94/120 can get you 90% as a hsc mark.......a mark i would be happy with :)

Last edited:

FinalFantasy

HSC
yeap, 94\120 approximately would get you a band 6:p
GooD LucK!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)