OMG, I got a offer when my HSC results released~ How come??? (1 Viewer)

tommytomickey

HSC
c, I got a offer from UTS (B.Science) after my HSC results have been released (not UAI). and it says I must accept it before 3rd of Jan.
The unconditional offers of semester 1 should start on 3rd of Jan. How come I got a offer now? (I am a international student and some of my friends also get the offers).
The B.Science is still on my list, does UTS gonna give me another offer on 3rd of Jan. or I should just accept this one? (If I accept it that means I can not get other offers from other uni right?) I still want to get a offer from USYD but not sure if I could get it. If I do not accept this offer, I am afraid UTS won't give me another one.
Plz help me!!!

I am here!

HSC
N/A
As far as I know, you can accept the Early Round offer and still be eligible for offers higher on your preferences than said offer in the Main round.

What they can jeopardise is your eligibility for scholarships (some institutions insist on you not having accepted any other tertiary offers as part of their scholarship selection criteria) - but whether or not that concerns you depends on what you've applied for etc.

Basically, accept it and hope for the best re: USYD - if you get the USYD offer, don't forget to terminate the UTS one so as to avoid paying more than one set of fees.

Good luck!

tommytomickey

HSC
I am here! said:
Basically, accept it and hope for the best re: USYD - if you get the USYD offer, don't forget to terminate the UTS one so as to avoid paying more than one set of fees.

Good luck!
but once I accept it I am no longer qualified for receving any offer when the 1st round starts right? (starts on 3nd of Jan.)

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
You can accept your offer, then accept a later offer, then accept a later offer (every time the former acceptance becomes void).

i.e. you accept B Science at uts for early entry... next round of offers you get offered into B Law at uts... you can then accept B Law and that will remove your previous acceptance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)